Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (22) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: RetiredVermonter Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 19222  
Subject: Re: Should I Really Join Facebook? Date: 9/17/2012 8:06 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
MichaelR :

To clarify...

I've been an Extra Class FCC licensed radio amateur for over 50 years. I've built a lot of my stuff, have designed many antennas and put them up myself, have managed to contact virtually all of the countries in the world (and actually know where they are, too), and have been active in various contests and competitions, doing rather well in them.

In other words, I don't consider myself "doddering", but I do not choose to get all ensnarled in what I call the "crap" of Twittering, Texting, Ipods, Ibooks or whatever. (Yes, I finally got a Facebook account, but severely limited it to maybe half a dozen family members only.) I do enjoy emailing a few friends, and sometimes also enjoy these bulletin boards. Oh, and I do enjoy reading books.

My wife and I are old fashioned. She doesn't even want to bother with a computer. We call people on the phone if we want to talk to them, we enjoy seeing people in person at church or elsewhere, and use road maps if necessary. We dearly love the peace and quiet resulting from NOT having a bunch of beeping, annoying gadgets around us.

To each his or her own, I guess!

Vermonter
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (22) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement