UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (25) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: AngelMay Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 89118  
Subject: MichaelRead Date: 1/30/2013 8:25 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 104
I just received the following email from Elly:

Hi Angel May,

I've been in a fog for the past couple of days... Thanks so much for your
efforts and support... He didn't make it -- he moved on Sunday night around
7:09 PM. You were definitely one of Michael's favorites -- he spoke well of
you often... I read the emails and postings from the Fool when he was still
conscious and he was warmed and delighted. I'll post the news on a few
boards...
Love, Elly

We will miss Michael.

AM
Print the post Back To Top
Author: SirYoda Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 87347 of 89118
Subject: Re: MichaelRead Date: 1/30/2013 8:27 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 17
Fooldom has lost a deear and special contributor. I feel the site should be draped in black.

Yoda
*Sad*

Author: PeterRabit Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 87348 of 89118
Subject: Re: MichaelRead Date: 1/30/2013 9:50 PM
Recommendations: 0
It's been on my todo list to reply to a private email he sent me.

Damn.

Be well, Michael.

Peter

Author: patchdodd Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 87349 of 89118
Subject: Re: MichaelRead Date: 1/30/2013 11:44 PM
Recommendations: 7
While I am sure that there are more passionate and eloquent eulogies to come, I find the prescient post that Michael authored barely a week ago fascinating.

I realized we weren’t going to prove or disprove God’s existence no matter how this old Jew and a now better-fed seagull could manage. I said to Jonathon Livingston, “May you have a good day, as he left. But, before leaving, he gave a squawk that could have meant: “Thank you for the prayer. You would not have given it unless inside to felt it had a validity and there is a means invisible it can be completed.”

Or, “Thanks for the toast. See you tomorrow.”

Thanks for the toast, Michael.

http://boards.fool.com/a-conversation-30496885.aspx

Author: discurro Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 87350 of 89118
Subject: Re: MichaelRead Date: 1/31/2013 12:31 AM
:-(

Author: crassfool Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 87351 of 89118
Subject: Re: MichaelRead Date: 1/31/2013 2:01 AM
Recommendations: 1
I am so sorry to hear this. I liked Michael a lot and he liked me too, in spite of numerous differences. That's a rare thing.

I will miss Michael.

Author: wecoguy Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 87352 of 89118
Subject: Re: MichaelRead Date: 1/31/2013 2:26 AM
What a shame, a sad time on the boards Michael visited.. Always a big help, he will be missed...

weco

Author: rinjr715 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 87353 of 89118
Subject: Re: MichaelRead Date: 1/31/2013 2:40 AM
Ouch. This sucks.

Author: franchot Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 87354 of 89118
Subject: Re: MichaelRead Date: 1/31/2013 8:53 AM
Recommendations: 4
That's very sad news. He was a real gentleman, despite differences of opinion. As Patchdodd has already cited, Michael's recent post about his conversation with Jonathon Livingstone is a fitting elegy. May he rest in peace.

http://boards.fool.com/a-conversation-30496885.aspx

Author: bosslady52 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 87355 of 89118
Subject: Re: MichaelRead Date: 1/31/2013 9:59 AM
So sorry to hear :(

Author: Razz037 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 87356 of 89118
Subject: Re: MichaelRead Date: 1/31/2013 10:13 AM
Michael was simply the best contributor to this board, also a very kind and respected man. I will miss him.

Razz

Author: vickifool Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 87357 of 89118
Subject: Re: MichaelRead Date: 1/31/2013 10:23 AM
He was one of my favorites. Great writing style, interesting things to say.

Vickifool

Author: TMFTwitty Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 87358 of 89118
Subject: Re: MichaelRead Date: 1/31/2013 11:41 AM
Recommendations: 10
Thanks for sharing, AM. We will all miss him.

http://caps.fool.com/Blogs/a-conversation-farewell/793764

Richard

Author: TMFTwitty Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 87359 of 89118
Subject: Re: MichaelRead Date: 1/31/2013 11:54 AM
This is how I will remember him. Nobody twisted Shakespeare like Michael:

http://boards.fool.com/on-the-battlements-last-time-30112088...

Richard

Author: Windowseat Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 87360 of 89118
Subject: Re: MichaelRead Date: 1/31/2013 1:38 PM
Recommendations: 4
His posts on The Feste Award were wonderful. They gave me many laughs during a period of time when I desperately needed to laugh. Here's his first post there:

http://boards.fool.com/me-me-me-15958761.aspx

Nancy

Author: dlbuffy Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 87361 of 89118
Subject: Re: MichaelRead Date: 1/31/2013 2:11 PM
Very sad. Thanks for posting AM.

Author: NoIDAtAll Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 87362 of 89118
Subject: Re: MichaelRead Date: 1/31/2013 6:21 PM
I read Michael had past away. I checked his profile to see when his last post was. I saw one on January 23rd. I replied to the poster that I HOPED he was spoofing me, linking one of his last posts. Then someone linked Elly's post. I wept.

R.I.P. Michael! See you soon. Not today, but soon.

Bob

Author: rinjr715 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 87363 of 89118
Subject: Re: MichaelRead Date: 1/31/2013 6:22 PM
Oh jeez, Richard, he wrote THAT? You ain't BSing this joint is gonna miss him. That's some serious comedy there. He coulda made a living at it.

Author: TMFTwitty Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 87370 of 89118
Subject: Re: MichaelRead Date: 2/1/2013 1:40 PM
Recommendations: 11
Oh jeez, Richard, he wrote THAT? You ain't BSing this joint is gonna miss him. That's some serious comedy there. He coulda made a living at it.

Michael was one of those people who can make a good living at anything they choose to do. His technical expertise often migrated into pure science, and he was one of the wittiest and most accomplished writers I've seen on these boards. Investing, electronics, politics, marine and fishing, and of course humor - he was always literally, a good ... Read ;-)

Sorry Michael, the obvious play on words is beneath us.

Rest well, my friend.

Richard

Author: Elly105 Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 87373 of 89118
Subject: Re: MichaelRead Date: 2/1/2013 11:39 PM
Twitty I don't know how to create those links to other boards so would you do it for me please? I just posted details on Michael's Celebration of Life party (Feb 23) on Retire Early CampFIRE. Thanks again everyone for your posts on this thread (and others) - lots of laughter and tears. Hugs to Angel May and all the ladies from me and Michael... and beer and handshakes to all the guys... well actually I get to hug all the guys...
Elly105

Author: NoIDAtAll Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 87374 of 89118
Subject: Re: MichaelRead Date: 2/2/2013 7:18 AM
Elly105 added to your Favorite Fools list.

Clicking on the smiley face on your post makes it easier to follow your posts, Elly. I'll keep out.

Hugs,
Bob

Author: mollyd77 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 87375 of 89118
Subject: Re: MichaelRead Date: 2/2/2013 10:38 AM
I always enjoyed MR's posts. So sad to hear of his passing. Let us know how you're doing, Elly!

Molly

Author: NoIDAtAll Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 87376 of 89118
Subject: Re: MichaelRead Date: 2/2/2013 11:37 AM
I'll keep out.

I'll keep a lookout, even though I don't proofread very well. *smile*

Bob

Author: desertdaveataol Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 87377 of 89118
Subject: Re: MichaelRead Date: 2/3/2013 4:17 PM
Recommendations: 2
R.I.P. Michael. You will be missed.

Author: Donna405 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 87386 of 89118
Subject: Re: MichaelRead Date: 2/6/2013 9:58 PM
I think of the many solutions Mike gave me through the years via privatr e-mails. What a wonderful and giving person he was. Yes, he will sorely be missed.

I am sure many of us experienced his wonderfuk sense of homor on April Fools' day each year.

Donna

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (25) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement