Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: rinjr715 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 621  
Subject: Michelle vs. Paula Date: 1/15/2007 10:29 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Most of you probably have heard of Michelle Wie. You know, that 6'2" 17 year old girl golfer with the $20 mil a year in endorsements? The one who's cute as hell and can hit he ball a mile? Well, she might make the most money of all female golfers, but she sure as hell ain't the best girl golfer. That would be Paula Creamer. Paula is only 20 herself, is not 5 miles tall like Michelle, is even cuter than Michelle, has way more charm and personality than Michelle, and get this, she actually has won some golf tournaments and is so good that last year, a year she didn't win any tournaments, she still made the top 10 on the LPGA money list and won over a mil. Michelle Wie might have more money than Paula Creamer, but that's all she's got more of except for inches. If they were in the same golf match OR the same beauty contest, Paula would kick her butt.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: JimZipCode Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 601 of 621
Subject: Re: Michelle vs. Paula Date: 1/15/2007 10:34 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
If they were in the same golf match OR the same beauty contest, Paula would kick her butt.

Michelle is still three years younger, so she could wind up surpassing Paula as an athlete. Those years, 17-20 or so, are critically important for athletic development.

Author: rinjr715 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 602 of 621
Subject: Re: Michelle vs. Paula Date: 1/16/2007 12:02 AM
I think, though, that Michelle has already had most if not all of her physical development, and if she's going to obtain serious results as a golfer, what needs development are her golf skills. The strength is already there, but her touch leaves a lot to be desired.

Author: JimZipCode Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 603 of 621
Subject: Re: Michelle vs. Paula Date: 1/16/2007 12:24 AM
what needs development are her golf skills. The strength is already there, but her touch leaves a lot to be desired.

She's 17!

Author: rinjr715 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 604 of 621
Subject: Re: Michelle vs. Paula Date: 1/16/2007 10:59 PM
Recommendations: 1
The scorecard does not recognize her age. It only recognizes strokes, and if she's going to do any winning or even make many cuts against pros, be they men or women, she better lower that number of strokes before she goes on tour full time, and if she takes the standard 4 years to finish college, she'll be on tour full time by about May 2011. As deficient as her short game and her putting appear to be, she's got a lot of improving to do in that time if she's not to embarrass herself as a full time pro, because by then the novelty factor of a 17 year old girl who can smack the ball from here to Timbuktu will have faded, and she'll have to produce results to maintain her popularity and her huge annual endorsement haul. She has a long way to go and a short time to get there, and she had best use her college years wisely.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement