Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: SurefireU2 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 5655  
Subject: Mid size Dividend growth stocks Date: 7/27/2008 11:29 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I'm looking to add some mid size companies to my portfolio that have potential to be both price growers and dividend growers (e.g. raising dividends every year).

My portfolio is heavy on big companies, so I'm trying to branch out for greater growth opportunities. Which companies would you recommend that I research?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: hondodog Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 5643 of 5655
Subject: Re: Mid size Dividend growth stocks Date: 7/28/2008 12:51 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
a good place to start screening is the S&P Midcap 400
another place is the Mergent's Dividend Achievers, whose membership is made up of companies who have raised their div every year for 10 years to reach the list, and who must continue to raise the div to stay on...

these list are made up of a variety of industries, though there are a lot of banks, reits, retailers among the group...(certainly some have been dropped for dropping or freezing dividends this year)

of the REITs i would look at the Blue (BOB) list at the REIT board, many who, having overachieved, have sunk back into value territory with comparatively substantial discounts/yields
http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=17107552&sort=whole&t...

Here's the current "Blue List" (as of March 2008), including the 19 "Bluest of the Blue" REITs:
http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=26457518

in other industries, you might consider Accenture, Donaldson, Mocon, Sysco, midcap oil and gas companies, midcap medical device cos, etc.

in this economy there is much volatility, but many opportunities to those patient few who can afford to wait out the mood swings...

best of luck

Author: elvistmf Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 5644 of 5655
Subject: Re: Mid size Dividend growth stocks Date: 7/28/2008 8:44 AM
Because of the current economy and recent pricing and past history and the fact that it offers a dividend I like EPAX.

The business model is to offer organized leadership and educational trips to high school and college aged folks. Cash money comes to the company up front. Airline tickets fees and fuel price changes go directly to the consumer. They don't compete with online or brick and morter travel agencies because of their focus.

Granted, the economy stinks right now. But Joe Consumer is not the target niche; Joe Ivy League is. Joe Ivy League has no problem sending Junior to Europe for 10 days wrapped under the veil of "education."

Currently a dividend near 3% which is still only about 30% of earnings (=sustainable). P/E is half it's normal (=eventually going up). Still lots of cash on hand.

Author: EthylMercaptan Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 5645 of 5655
Subject: Re: Mid size Dividend growth stocks Date: 7/28/2008 11:31 PM
Recommendations: 1
(Yawn!)
You may want to ask your question to the Dividend Growth Investing Board. It's far more fast paced than this one.

http://boards.fool.com/messages.asp?mid=26700274&bid=116719

C2H5SH

ZZzzzzz.....

Author: trendliner Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 5655 of 5655
Subject: Re: Mid size Dividend growth stocks Date: 11/21/2011 6:52 PM
Recommendations: 1
I would include general industrial companies like FLR, BHI, KMB, utility stocks like TRP, PEG, and pharmas PFE, BMY etc... When economy starts going back running, these stocks will take off. and if it doesn't, they still pay good dividends. I check the list of Screenulator's value picks from time to time: http://www.screenulator.com/cgi-bin/view_watchlist?id=2

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement