Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
MID-Year performance:

As of June 30, an equally-weighted portfolio of the 10 picks for 2014 would have returned 11.55% including dividends, assuming no buys/sells. SPY would have returned about 7% YTD. Not bad relative performance, but the year is only half-done. VALU is the star here returning 51.34%. AFL and PFE the only losers so far. VALU hit my target and I wasn't a high-conviction stock at the beginning of the year. I've sold my entire position of VALU, perhaps a little too early, but I can't complain. Of the stocks on my watch list from the original post, I've picked up IBM and SPLS since the 1st of the year. Still have my eye on COP, STX, WFC & NOC in particular, as potential replacements in my portfolio. GME also showing up on a stock screen I run. I've built up a good bit of cash, but am due to bump up my allocation amounts a little bit around August. A pullback would actually be welcome.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement