Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: TMFCop Big gold star, 5000 posts Coverage Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 18386  
Subject: Re: I am confused. Date: 2/8/2005 8:41 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Mike,

The links that JB provided do give you the necessary insights to understanding the Rule Maker philosophy, but since the Rule Makers aren't specifically followed any more, discussion on boards such as this one is scarce.

Importantly, the Foolish Collective is indeed the place to go to continue discussing Rule Makers, though they're generally not referred to that anymore. The board was actually an offshoot of a Rule Maker stock-picking seminar the Fool held, and was a place where alumni of the seminar could go and continue discussing the stocks they had found. It used to be called the RM Foolish Collective board to signify its roots.

Nowadays, it is open to everyone so the RM was dropped, Rule Makers are more generically discussed, and it is one of the most intelligent, civil places on the Fool to discuss stocks in general. Some of the smartest people on the Fool hang out there and welcome everyone in a friendly atmosphere where newbies are encouraged to ask even the most basic of questions. As you might imagine, I highly recommend it.

Once upon a time, I used to hang out there regularly myself, until I became involved with the Hidden Gems newsletter and I cut my teeth on learning about investing, valuation, and more. I think you'll enjoy the experience.

Rich
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Apple

Apple and Ninety Years Ago
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement