UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: returnonequity Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308562  
Subject: mile Date: 6/15/1997 12:01 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Don't change your rent on the card thinking that you will accumulate miles to fly. It's not the way to go. Unless you plan to pay off your card every month, you will likely pay the minimum amount and next thing you know, your balance will come back and bite you. It's easier said than done when someone says he or she will pay the balance off every month.
If you charge your card just to get the "free trip", you'll be better off buying the lowest price ticket. I am a flight attendant for Delta and have seen so many people spend thousands of dollars and they showed me their "free" tickets! They are not free, do you have any idea how much money you have to spend to get a free trip? A lowest price ticket may cost you only $300 - $400. But if you charge $20,000 (or more!) to get that free ticket, you will likely be paying thousands in interest. Someone will tell you that if you "have to" spend that amount anyway, why not get a free ticket out of it. I say that nobody has to "spend" any kind of money at all. Don't charge your rent on the cards and hope to get a free ticket, just save $300 and pay for the lowest price ticket to go to see your folks. For those who will tell you to charge your card, are they going to be there helping you pay for it?

T.J.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

TMF Credit Center
The Motley Fool Credit Center arms you with real tools and simple messages, that will help you in every credit situation.
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Apple

Apple and Ninety Years Ago
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement