Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: ptcruiser1 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121564  
Subject: Mileage deduction? Date: 1/24/2001 7:48 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I do volunteer work which requires me to drive ~ 40 miles per trip--80-120 miles per week are mileage, vehicle mntc., etc.,deductible?

Thanks for the advice
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TMFExRO Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 44772 of 121564
Subject: Re: Mileage deduction? Date: 1/24/2001 8:10 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
I do volunteer work which requires me to drive ~ 40 miles per trip--80-120 miles per week are mileage, vehicle mntc., etc.,deductible?

You can deduct direct gas, oil, parking, and tolls associated with your charitable activity, but no part of the general maintenance and upkeep. Instead of these detailed expenses, you can deduct 14 cents per mile traveled for charitable purposes. This is treated as a cash contribution on Schedule A. See the Schedule A instructions.

TMF ExRO
Phil Marti

Author: ptcruiser1 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 44779 of 121564
Subject: Re: Mileage deduction? Date: 1/24/2001 9:48 PM
Recommendations: 0
Way Cool Fool! Thanks for your help Phil!! :<)

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement