Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: FoolishProf One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 19257  
Subject: military pensions and social security Date: 2/5/2000 3:43 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Are there any retired military folks who have begun or will soon begin to draw their social security? I have a small disability pension from the US Navy and am wondering if my social security, when I start to draw it, will affect the military pension in any way. Anyone know about this?

I've already found out by calling the SSA (v-e-r-y nice lady answered all my questions) that the military pension does not affect SS payments.

Thanks for any help.

Persevere!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TMFPixy Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1996 of 19257
Subject: Re: military pensions and social security Date: 2/5/2000 4:25 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
FoolishProf asks:

<<Are there any retired military folks who have begun or will soon begin to draw their social security? I have a small disability pension from the US Navy and am wondering if my social security, when I start to draw it, will affect the military pension in any way. Anyone know about this?>>

As a retired warmonger myself, I can assure you neither retired payment affects the other.

Regards..Pixy

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement