Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: Capt77thPa Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 660  
Subject: Military View Date: 3/29/2012 10:46 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 5
I have been an RB since its earliest days, but I have never posted before.

After years of urging, I finally got my son--who counted every penny he ever saw since he was a child--to invest in the market. He asked wisely sage old Dad (sputter, cough) my opinion of his choices. I was surprised to see IRBT, and asked him why he chose it. This was his response, which I thought others might like to see. (Please bear with his poor grammar.) He is, by the way, presently at an undisclosed location on the other side of the planet.

i looked into IRBT and it peaked my interest due to the electronic factor, future possibilties, robotics etc. i didn't invest because it's a patriotic cause. i've given 8yrs for my country come April 27th next month. i did it because i've seen these robots in action. i've seen IED teams roll out the robots and destroy munitions,weapons and bombs. once the military finds something they like, they stick with it and sink a s---load of money into it to better it and make it adapt. the enemy is forever changing, which means WE are forever changing. i believe they will keep with this company and put more $$ into it and this company has great potential, not only in the military sector but robotics in general. the military robots save lives. they roll these machines in harms way, saving countless lives daily. i see the US sticking with this for the long haul. i see americans viewing this and saying Hey, that's cool. where can i get some kind of Irobot to play with. there is a show on tv about an IED team that's followed by cameras throughout their quest in the desert. low and behold clear as day it's an Irobot they use to destroy the roadside bombs and has the name IROBOT on it. some will say that's cool and others will type that name into their web browser and see what irobot is all about. an instantly you have a fan base and followers. most kids played soldiers or army man and deep down wanted to join the military. which means, big tv show fan base and they'll see that irobot name on the robot. they'll be captivated and curious. it will make $$.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Medallion Financial: TAXI!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement