UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: DockRat Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 746084  
Subject: Millennium Edition calculator Date: 7/25/2000 4:48 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Having a problem getting to the Millennium Edition of the Retire Early Safe Withdrawal Calculator. It's on the Wallstreet/8527/re60.htm address. I keep getting
kicked off the page. Anybody had this problem? I'm
using Netscape.
Thanks, Jim
Print the post Back To Top
Author: intercst Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 13724 of 746084
Subject: Re: Millennium Edition calculator Date: 7/25/2000 4:52 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
DockRat asks,

Having a problem getting to the Millennium Edition of the Retire Early Safe Withdrawal Calculator. It's on the Wallstreet/8527/re60.htm address. I keep getting
kicked off the page. Anybody had this problem? I'm
using Netscape.

Geocities is doing something that doesn't agree with Netscape browsers. No problems have been reported by folks using Internet Explorer.

One guy said his was able to work around the Netscape problem by disabling Javascript.

intercst

Author: backslash Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 13730 of 746084
Subject: Re: Millennium Edition calculator Date: 7/25/2000 5:44 PM
Recommendations: 1
One guy said his was able to work around the Netscape problem by disabling Javascript.

This is something you should do anyway, for additional security. You can always enable it if you need it for a particular site or page, if you think you can trust their programmers to be both honest and competent. Personally, I don't have it enabled, and am only occasionally inconvenienced.

Harley - paid to be paranoid

Author: DockRat Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 13840 of 746084
Subject: Re: Millennium Edition calculator Date: 7/26/2000 8:24 PM
Just how do you dissable JavaScript? I clicked on the security logo (the lock)and didn't see any way to turn the function off.
Thanks, Jim

Author: backslash Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 13891 of 746084
Subject: Re: Millennium Edition calculator Date: 7/27/2000 10:59 AM
ust how do you dissable JavaScript? I clicked on the security logo (the lock)and didn't see any way to turn the function off.

Since you mentioned the lock, I assume you are using Netscape. Just click Edit -> Preferences -> Advanced, and you'll get the check boxes. Try it for awhile, and see if the annoyance factor outweighs the need for security. It depends on the sites you visit. In my case the only real annoyance I run into is with my Quicken portfolio tracker. Sometimes I turm it on temporarily, sometimes I just view the data without all the nice lines and columns.

If anyone is interested, IE is configurable too, but a lot more complicated. You have to choose View -> Internet Options -> Security, then you have to click the Custom radio button, and click Settings. At that point you can control all sorts of stuff, including Java and Active X scripting. Good luck.

Harley

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement