UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: intercst Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 743925  
Subject: Millionaires age 18 to 39 Date: 10/11/2000 12:15 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Found this in today's Wall Street Journal in an article on what luxury goods makers are doing to target the "newly rich."

"The object of their obsession is younger than ever before. In 1999, a third of all American households with assets totaling $1 million or more were headed by someone between the ages of 18 and 39, according to the Affluent Survey conducted by Mendelsohn Media Research of New York. That percentage is up from 1990, when 28% of "millionaire households" fell into the 18-to-39 age bracket."

You got to wonder about that statistic that "1/3 of millionaire households are headed by an 18 to 39-year-old". See link:

http://www.geocities.com/WallStreet/8257/nwage.jpg

intercst
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Kaell One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 21416 of 743925
Subject: Re: Millionaires age 18 to 39 Date: 10/11/2000 12:47 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
You got to wonder about that statistic that "1/3 of millionaire households are headed by an 18 to 39-year-old". See link:
intercst

The two sets of figures are compatible. Only 5% of those age 43 or so have $1M net worth, but that 5% may constitute more than 1/3 of all millionaires.

Kaell

Author: Donuttopia Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 21474 of 743925
Subject: Re: Millionaires age 18 to 39 Date: 10/11/2000 4:14 PM
Recommendations: 0
"The object of their obsession is younger than ever before. In 1999, a third of all
American households with assets totaling $1 million or more were headed by someone
between the ages of 18 and 39, according to the Affluent Survey conducted by
Mendelsohn Media Research of New York. That percentage is up from 1990, when 28%
of "millionaire households" fell into the 18-to-39 age bracket."

You got to wonder about that statistic that "1/3 of millionaire households are headed by an
18 to 39-year-old". See link:

Not really. I'm looking forward to seeing the 2000 numbers. I suspect the income quartiles and income distribution has changed possibly dramatically as many young workers cashed in on the dot com options.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement