UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: mikelly39 Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 128472  
Subject: Mill's Pride Cabinets? Date: 12/26/2003 5:48 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Anyone want to throw in their 2 cents on these cabinets? (Experiences, thoughts)

Home Depot carries them, & they seem to be really inexpensive.

www.millspride.com

Thanks.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: deputac Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 43992 of 128472
Subject: Re: Mill's Pride Cabinets? Date: 12/26/2003 6:17 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
They're alright if you just need something simple for storage. Really easy to assemble. But, watch out, they don't come with any backing (even that cheap type of cardbaord you get with most furniture from IKEA). So make sure this cabinet is going flush against a wall so you don't have to keep moving it to retrieve stuff that has fallen behind it!

deputac

Author: LLRinCO Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 43993 of 128472
Subject: Re: Mill's Pride Cabinets? Date: 12/26/2003 7:14 PM
But, watch out, they don't come with any backing

That's not true, we did our whole kitchen in Mill's Pride maple cabinets from Home Depot and they had backs on them. Home Depot helped us with the layout and ordering, and they have them set up in a display for you to examine. It was convenient to be able to remove a section of old cabinets, then build the new ones and restock them before moving on. The maple wood looked good and the whole kitchen turned out great. We got pull out shelves for the base cabinets and pantry which was really handy. The whole cost for our kitchen (U shaped) with island and pantry cabinets was $4000. Soon after finishing our kitchen we sold our house for $440,000 - got the highest price in the neighborhood (Ryland homes all similar in size)and I know the new kitchen helped.

Author: deputac Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 43998 of 128472
Subject: Re: Mill's Pride Cabinets? Date: 12/27/2003 8:06 AM
Sorry about the generalization. I've just bought several of the cabinets for myself and my sister and they all lacked the backing. I wonder whether Home Depot carries different models of these cabinets?

Regardless, they do get the job done and they look pretty good.

deputac

Author: thenut One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 44192 of 128472
Subject: Re: Mill's Pride Cabinets? Date: 1/3/2004 6:32 PM
We remodeled our kitchen 4 years ago using the Mill's Pride and reccomend them to our friends. The only thing someone might complain about is the doors. Every 6 to 9 months you have to adjust them but it is easy. If you have any open back don't buy the sheet backing. It fades to a very different color than the doors. We tore down the backing and put non-opening doors and it looks good. Good Luck.

KNutter

Author: SixSigmaBB Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 44195 of 128472
Subject: Re: Mill's Pride Cabinets? Date: 1/3/2004 7:54 PM
I just created a new office out of them for my wife... Check this post: http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=19868133 you will see a link to some pictures of my wife's new office.

They went together fairly easily. I would suggest that when you put them together, glue the back panels on instead of just sliding them in. Also get some good wooden balancing wedges instead of the cheapo plastic ones that come in the cabinets.

As a matter of fact I am installing the doors right now for the 83" pantrys that I installed. I went with the Sherwood doors and the "M" pattern for the cabinet exterior.

FYI

They are heavy so be prepared to have someone help move them once put together.

SixSigmaBB

Author: mikelly39 Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 44206 of 128472
Subject: Re: Mill's Pride Cabinets? Date: 1/4/2004 6:28 AM
Thanks for the replies folks!

SixSigmaBB: Great job on the remodel.

Gonna price it all out today.

Thanks again.

Mikelly39

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement