Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Mine could be described as 100/0% Equity/FI weighting and 75%/25% income production vs. wild ass guesses. }};-D

Similar to mine.

My guesses are based primarily on some technicals that I have learned and tweaked. They have worked for me +90% of the time. The hardest part I find is being patient and waiting for everything to line up. As the saying goes, “Action is not necessarily production (productive)”. I made that up! :) Lol.
I learned that with these technicals the price does not matter. Note I am not a daytrader.
I have the buy fairly well figured out as for the timing and safety. I know a slow pitch. But often I still sell too early. More effort is required to improve for which I feel no real rush.

Back over the years since 2008/2009 I see so many stock on the TSX & NYSE that have gone up approximately 4 - 8 times & more and these could have been realized by simply buying and sitting back and watching.
They are dominant well run companies that should continue going forward no matter where the economy and governments take us. Many dividend paying also which is a bonus.

With regards to U.S. stocks I am always concerned about the currency exchange and what that could do to the returns if/when the U.S. $ craps out because the U.S. is broke and unwilling to work towards rectifying this. As such I have missed manny opportunities in the U.S. market.

Based on history I still believe there is a major correction in the not too distant future.

IKan
Print the post  

Announcements

The Great Foolish North
Canadian social and off-topic banter.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement