Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: NothinButTech One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1278  
Subject: Mini DV or Digital 8? Date: 10/22/2001 2:38 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Which has better quality picture & sound?

I have some old 8mm tapes that would play in a digital 8 (convenient) & the digital 8's seems to be a little cheaper than mini DV's.

But if the mini DV's quality is better I think I would prefer it.

Any suggestions?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: bigcaat Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 462 of 1278
Subject: Re: Mini DV or Digital 8? Date: 10/24/2001 1:41 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
Mini DV...IMHO Digital 8 will go out of date so much sooner. Always go with the future.

Caat

Author: FoolYap Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 468 of 1278
Subject: Re: Mini DV or Digital 8? Date: 10/25/2001 4:32 PM
Nothin, I asked a similar question on the Apple User's board a few weeks ago. You may find this response useful; I did:

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=15750052

FWIW, I bought a miniDV unit. I've been happily importing to DV since. Check that the models you look at have analog video-in capability. If not, you'll need a converter "bridge" box -- Sony and others sell them. --FY

Author: NothinButTech One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 469 of 1278
Subject: Re: Mini DV or Digital 8? Date: 10/25/2001 8:14 PM
Thanks FY,

Pixated answered alot of my questions, too.

If fact, you ask alot of my questions.

And very eloquently I might add. : )

Thanks,
Michael

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement