Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
On my W-4, I have always been told to claim no exemptions in order to make sure I get a return instead of owing at the end of the tax year. (I am single with no kids) I recently have been elightened to the idea of getting more along the way that I can invest rather than getting the lump sum at the end of the year. Do I go ahead and claim one exemption for myself? How can I do this to keep from paying at the end of the year? Any advce on how to figure this out would be greatly appreciated.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
dslette writes: On my W-4, I have always been told to claim no exemptions in order to make sure I get a return instead of owing at the end of the tax year. (I am single with no kids) I recently have been elightened to the idea of getting more along the way that I can invest rather than getting the lump sum at the end of the year. Do I go ahead and claim one exemption for myself? How can I do this to keep from paying at the end of the year? Any advce on how to figure this out would be greatly appreciated.

To which I respond:

The worksheet on the W-4 will lead through a calculation of the number of withholding allowances to claim to make you withholding come 'closer' to your actual tax liability.
Print the post Back To Top
Advertisement