Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: dslette Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121219  
Subject: Minimize the refund? Date: 2/27/2000 2:09 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
On my W-4, I have always been told to claim no exemptions in order to make sure I get a return instead of owing at the end of the tax year. (I am single with no kids) I recently have been elightened to the idea of getting more along the way that I can invest rather than getting the lump sum at the end of the year. Do I go ahead and claim one exemption for myself? How can I do this to keep from paying at the end of the year? Any advce on how to figure this out would be greatly appreciated.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: wepattillo One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 30194 of 121219
Subject: Re: Minimize the refund? Date: 2/27/2000 2:41 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
dslette writes: On my W-4, I have always been told to claim no exemptions in order to make sure I get a return instead of owing at the end of the tax year. (I am single with no kids) I recently have been elightened to the idea of getting more along the way that I can invest rather than getting the lump sum at the end of the year. Do I go ahead and claim one exemption for myself? How can I do this to keep from paying at the end of the year? Any advce on how to figure this out would be greatly appreciated.

To which I respond:

The worksheet on the W-4 will lead through a calculation of the number of withholding allowances to claim to make you withholding come 'closer' to your actual tax liability.

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement