Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I'm not quite sure what to make of this but my first impression is that in this case they should leave Walt's creation as is.

Grown-up Minnie Mouse gets mature Lanvin make-over

THOMAS ADAMSON
Published: March 24, 2013

CHESSY, France (AP) - Forever-young Minnie Mouse is growing up and moving on from her old red and white polka dots.

Lanvin has designed the loveable Disney rodent a new dress - a more mature frock in royal blue and long sleeves that she can wear at special Paris events.

It was unveiled at a catwalk show in Disneyland Paris on Saturday evening.

Gone was the oversized hair bow that has been the signature of the character since she was created in 1928. In its place, the catwalk presentation showcased a smaller-sized red tiara alongside a thick, bejeweled hourglass gown with padded shoulders.

"Walt Disney was the one that actually designed Minnie. It's the first time an actual designer has come into the picture and designed a dress for her," Lanvin's designer Alber Elbaz told The Associated Press following the show.

"It was a great challenge and responsibility to do. I just wanted her to shine."

© 2013 The Associated Press.
All rights reserved.

The picture that accompanies this article can be found on the AP web site under the Lifestyle section.

Walt
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement