No. of Recommendations: 0
Mirabeau asks:

<<My broker, Fidelity, will only sell an Education IRA that invests in some mutual fund in CT. Does anyone know who offers a self directed Education IRA?>>

I doubt you will find many that will. Keep in mind that an EIRA can be funded only at the rate of $500 per year per child from all sources. That's an extremely small sum for trading purposes, so even most mutual funds don't want to mess with them. The administrative costs are just too high for such a small amount on deposit.

Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.