UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (42) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: AOLFoolman100 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 725980  
Subject: Miracle on 34th Street....Movie Date: 12/11/2012 10:46 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Am I the only one to be taken by the beauty of this movie year after year....it's now on AMC channel. The movie is all about the mother and daughter (the famous Natalie Wood, who was 7 years old at the time) who doubts the reality of Santa Clause (the mother does).

It's a colorized version of the movie that came out in 1947...quite a pretty movie. This is right after WWII.....man, what history.

The man who plays Kris Kringle is amazing....I love this movie....only second to a Christmas Story.

What artistic beauty of the arts...
Print the post Back To Top
Author: ascenzm Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 659565 of 725980
Subject: Re: Miracle on 34th Street....Movie Date: 12/11/2012 11:02 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Am I the only one to be taken by the beauty of this movie year after year....it's now on AMC channel. The movie is all about the mother and daughter (the famous Natalie Wood, who was 7 years old at the time) who doubts the reality of Santa Clause (the mother does).

It's a colorized version of the movie that came out in 1947...quite a pretty movie. This is right after WWII.....man, what history.

The man who plays Kris Kringle is amazing....I love this movie....only second to a Christmas Story.

What artistic beauty of the arts...

AOLFoolman

Hollywood doesn't make motion pictures like that any more. I have a black and white copy of that film on DVD.

Mike

Author: CCinOC Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 659568 of 725980
Subject: Re: Miracle on 34th Street....Movie Date: 12/11/2012 11:24 PM
I watched it, too. Loved it. Edmund Gwenn played Kris Kringle.

Author: JLC Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 659649 of 725980
Subject: Re: Miracle on 34th Street....Movie Date: 12/12/2012 11:43 AM
Recommendations: 1
...I love this movie....only second to a Christmas Story.

My unofficial top 5 list...

#1 - Charlie Brown Christmas
#2 - How the Grinch Stole Christmas (cartoon not the Jim Carey hack job)
#3 - A Christmas Carol with George C. Scott
#4 - Its a Wonderful Life
#5 - A Christmas Story

The first two aren't movies but its MY list.

JLC

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 659659 of 725980
Subject: Re: Miracle on 34th Street....Movie Date: 12/12/2012 11:56 AM
#5 - A Christmas Story

No Rudolf or Frosty with Burl Ives?

And I like the 1938 version with Reginald Owen of a Christmas Carol, guess I just got used to that Scrooge

Author: RocketsMomma Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 659699 of 725980
Subject: Re: Miracle on 34th Street....Movie Date: 12/12/2012 1:53 PM
Recommendations: 2
I love that movie too. I have it on VHS. It's the first Christmas movie I play after Thanksgiving. Oddly, I haven't played it yet. Must be why I haven't gotten into the Christmas spirit quite yet.

RM

Author: decath Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 659703 of 725980
Subject: Re: Miracle on 34th Street....Movie Date: 12/12/2012 2:08 PM
I agree. One of my wife's favorite Christmas movies she makes me watch every year. She drags me, reluctantly away from my sci-fi programs and video games.

But in the end, I like them.

decath

Author: wolverine307 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 659705 of 725980
Subject: Re: Miracle on 34th Street....Movie Date: 12/12/2012 2:16 PM
Recommendations: 3
This is simply too good to be true. First we get 1HF back and now RocketsMomma.

Pinch me :).

Author: RocketsMomma Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 659762 of 725980
Subject: Re: Miracle on 34th Street....Movie Date: 12/12/2012 6:23 PM
This is simply too good to be true. First we get 1HF back and now RocketsMomma.

Yeah, but who gets more love? His first post is welcomed by the teeming masses. I get the one.

And I thank you. :-)

But then I am probably the most non-political person on this board. And I know how you guys love the politics.

RM - political wimp

Author: wolverine307 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 659766 of 725980
Subject: Re: Miracle on 34th Street....Movie Date: 12/12/2012 6:31 PM
Yeah, but who gets more love? His first post is welcomed by the teeming masses. I get the one.

I felt guilty. You now have two :).

But then I am probably the most non-political person on this board.

RocketsMomma meet Art Reichert. Art meet RocketsMomma.

Author: ascenzm Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 659767 of 725980
Subject: Re: Miracle on 34th Street....Movie Date: 12/12/2012 6:43 PM

RM

Welcome back from one of the teeming masses. <g>

Mike

Author: RocketsMomma Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 659769 of 725980
Subject: Re: Miracle on 34th Street....Movie Date: 12/12/2012 6:48 PM
RocketsMomma meet Art Reichert. Art meet RocketsMomma.

LOL. Oh yeah. Art. Where is he? He does post more here than me though.

RM ;-)

Author: RocketsMomma Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 659770 of 725980
Subject: Re: Miracle on 34th Street....Movie Date: 12/12/2012 6:52 PM
Thanks, Mike, but knowing me I probably won't stick around.

I'm fickle that way.

Besides, sis is arriving tomorrow for the holidays and there will be mass cookie baking ensuing.

RM

Author: MichaelRead Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Winner! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 659774 of 725980
Subject: Re: Miracle on 34th Street....Movie Date: 12/12/2012 7:14 PM
I have to confess it was I who took up most of RM’s posting time as she and her DH built a really decent home theater. Not expensive but technically advanced and, to RM’s credit in getting all the ducks in a row, a niiiiiiice system.

What she did was completely build a home theater but for the screen already owned. New amp, better use of legacy equipment, the whole nine yards.

So it was I and others on Help With This Home Theater board who captured her posting time.

MichaelR

Author: LuckyDog2002 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 659776 of 725980
Subject: Re: Miracle on 34th Street....Movie Date: 12/12/2012 7:30 PM
RM!!!!!!!!!! :)

It took me forever to find the perfect video to welcome you back :)

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SdVBbQLr81k

Author: RocketsMomma Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 659780 of 725980
Subject: Re: Miracle on 34th Street....Movie Date: 12/12/2012 7:37 PM
Yes, I blame Michael. And note how involved I got on the HT board that my first post here is about... a movie.

The HT sure is nice though. Just wait till my sis sees it tomorrow night!

RM

Author: RocketsMomma Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 659783 of 725980
Subject: Re: Miracle on 34th Street....Movie Date: 12/12/2012 7:53 PM
Thank you LD. :-)

RM

Author: ariechert Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 659785 of 725980
Subject: Re: Miracle on 34th Street....Movie Date: 12/12/2012 8:00 PM
"LOL. Oh yeah. Art. Where is he? He does post more here than me though." - RM ;-)

I had a fun day in the kitchen today. I made homemade pimento cheese spread with no sugar added because my wife doesn't like to eat food with extra added sugar and she is also anti-artificial sweeteners so I made pimento cheese spread with roasted red peppers and 4 kinds of cheese and real mayonnaise.

Then after I finished that I took out my new meat grinder I bought the other day at Northern Hardware and ground up ~ 8 lbs of top round I had in the freezer. I had bought a whole top round about 4 months ago and cut it up into roasts and steaks but I needed some ground meat for spaghetti sauce so I took three packages of that top round out of the freezer and thawed it yesterday and then today I washed my new meat grinder in hot soapy water to get the grease it was shipped in off it and then I put it together and ground up that top round. I am pleased to say that my new meat grinder worked well. It's a little smaller than my old meat grinder - which still works but for some reason the fine small hole plate doesn't seem to want to work right and it only wants to grind in the large hole.

Now it's time for my ABC TV Wednesday Night comedy lineup starting with The Middle with Patricia Heaton, then The Neighbors, Modern Family, then at 9:00 pm I switch over to Bravo and watch Top Chef.

Art

Author: RocketsMomma Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 659786 of 725980
Subject: Re: Miracle on 34th Street....Movie Date: 12/12/2012 8:12 PM
Hi Art, *waving*.

Last month DH and I ground some venison up with some pork butt and some nice summer sausage. Some of the water in the mix we replaced with red wine. Made about 12 pounds. Yum.

Right now I'm making chili with beef and venison in a crock pot. Adjusting spices now, probably needs more beans, too.

Tonight we watch Castle on TNT. We seem to watch a lot of regular TV shows after they come to those "other" stations.

RM

Author: ariechert Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 659807 of 725980
Subject: Re: Miracle on 34th Street....Movie Date: 12/12/2012 11:36 PM
"Right now I'm making chili with beef and venison in a crock pot. Adjusting spices now, probably needs more beans, too. Tonight we watch Castle on TNT. We seem to watch a lot of regular TV shows after they come to those "other" stations." - RM

A few months ago I bought a whole beef Top Round. I'm not talking about a little top round roast or piece of London Broil. I'm talking the whole muscle off the leg of a very large cow. It was probably over 30+ lbs. They told me in the store they didn't have a scale large enough to weigh it. Anyway they had two of them marked down to $37.00/each and just bought one of them. I should have bought them both.

So when I brought it home I cut it up into steaks and roasts and put it in zip lock freezer bags in my chest freezer. I took some out and roasted it in the oven and it came out kind of dry and stringy and I wasn't impressed. Not the best cut of meat but at least it's lean.

So, the last time after I ate a big hunk of the roast I ended up slicing the rest up and cutting it up into little cubes and turning it into chili by adding canned tomatoes, onion, bell pepper, garlic, chili powder, and some cumin, and a can of pinto beans I had in the cupboard. It came out excellent. Some of the best chili I ever made. I ate it with corn chips and shredded cheddar, onion, diced tomato, shredded lettuce, sour cream, and hot sauce. It was so good!

Art

Author: ariechert Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 659808 of 725980
Subject: Re: Miracle on 34th Street....Movie Date: 12/12/2012 11:41 PM
"Last month DH and I ground some venison up with some pork butt and some nice summer sausage. Some of the water in the mix we replaced with red wine. Made about 12 pounds. Yum." - RocketsMomma

Oh yeah, aren't grinders fun? You can grind up all different kinds of meat. Ground boston butt makes excellent hamburgers! Better than hamburgers made from beef. Juicier and better texture.

I like to grind up the raw breast off whole turkeys that I buy. I use it in spaghetti, chili, tacos, etc. I'm not a big white meat fan so the grinder is a good way to turn the breast meat into a product that I can re-purpose into something juicier and more yummy.

I've ground up venison, old lab rabbits that were used to grow antibodies, old roosters that otherwise would be tough as shoe leather, old dairy cow, sheep/mutton from the UGA Animal Science farm, goat, and hogs.

Art

Author: RocketsMomma Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 659848 of 725980
Subject: Re: Miracle on 34th Street....Movie Date: 12/13/2012 10:46 AM
turning it into chili by adding canned tomatoes, onion, bell pepper, garlic, chili powder, and some cumin, and a can of pinto beans I had in the cupboard. It came out excellent.

Sounds excellent! And thanks, I'm still adjusting seasonings and you reminded me I forgot the peppers! I shall fix that immediately, I know something wasn't "right" but couldn't figure it out. Hopefully, this will do the trick. I may chop some celery into it, too.

Love the idea of the corn chips, I'll have to pick some up before the family arrives.

RM

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 659853 of 725980
Subject: Re: Miracle on 34th Street....Movie Date: 12/13/2012 11:13 AM
Sounds excellent! And thanks, I'm still adjusting seasonings and you reminded me I forgot the peppers! I shall fix that immediately, I know something wasn't "right" but couldn't figure it out. Hopefully, this will do the trick. I may chop some celery into it, too.
_-------------------------

when cooking with tomatoes -- the peppers are a biggie. I love the flavor that peppers give tomato when they cook together for a while

Made some chicken based chili type thing last night, really cheap ground chicken on the last day of sale reduced, yada yada

but that was good. A little funky as the only beans i had were chick peas, but still excellent - i usually don't have a fresh hot pepper around so it really had a kick too

Author: ariechert Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 659855 of 725980
Subject: Re: Miracle on 34th Street....Movie Date: 12/13/2012 11:17 AM
"Love the idea of the corn chips, I'll have to pick some up before the family arrives." - RM
-------------

+ finely diced onion, shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, sliced black olives, salsa and/or Louisana Hot Sauce....

Yum! It's a party in your mouth! Arriba, muy delicioso!

just call me Arturo!

Author: ariechert Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 659858 of 725980
Subject: Re: Miracle on 34th Street....Movie Date: 12/13/2012 11:23 AM
"but that was good. A little funky as the only beans i had were chick peas, but still excellent - i usually don't have a fresh hot pepper around so it really had a kick too." - lowstudent
-------------------------------------------------

Fresh hot peppers freeze really nicely. You can freeze fresh whole jalapenos easily just by sticking them in a zip lock freezer bag. I freeze all kinds of hot peppers and then take them out and use them for cooking, like stir fry, with eggs, chili, spaghetti sauce, with Ramen noodles, and sliced into strips and cooked to put on/in sushi rolls, etc. You can freeze them whole or de-seed them and cut them into quarters to freeze them. Easy-peasy.

I buy them when they are on sale or like when Linda comes up for a visit and she brings me a bunch of them. Linda really likes to garden. Also sometimes I find them on sale at Aldi's and I buy enough to freeze some.

I freeze Poblanos, cholula peppers, jalapenos, bell peppers, brightly colored bell peppers when they are on sale, etc.

I freeze enough during pepper season to have peppers all winter long.

Art

Author: ariechert Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 659859 of 725980
Subject: Re: Miracle on 34th Street....Movie Date: 12/13/2012 11:27 AM
"I freeze Poblanos, cholula peppers, jalapenos, bell peppers, brightly colored bell peppers when they are on sale, etc. I freeze enough during pepper season to have peppers all winter long." - Art

I forgot, we also have an old truck driver guy at our Church, Mr. Jesse, that likes to garden and he brings baskets full of peppers and puts them out in the foyer for people to peruse through and take some home. Mr. Jesse brings all kinds of stuff, squash, cucumbers, peppers, tomatoes, one time he brought a whole truck load of watermelons!

Art

Author: RocketsMomma Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 659860 of 725980
Subject: Re: Miracle on 34th Street....Movie Date: 12/13/2012 11:31 AM
Oh yeah, aren't grinders fun? You can grind up all different kinds of meat. Ground boston butt makes excellent hamburgers! Better than hamburgers made from beef. Juicier and better texture.

Definitely. I've ground up boneless hams with dill pickles to make a ham spread for sandwiches. I considered grinding up the 2 old ducks we were getting rid of but finally found a home for them instead. Just didn't have the heart to eat the find parents of all those other ducklings we did eat. (the same lady bought their last set of youngsters, too though.)

Like the idea of ground turkey though. It's so pricey at the stores and during the holidays it's often easy to get a whole bird fairly cheap. In fact have one in the freezer, be the first roast turkey I'll have cooked in a while. Generally, Thanksgiving is at the in-laws and Christmas dinner is duck. I want a turkey though this year. I miss the left overs.

My dad used to make a good roast mutton. There's something you can't find in the stores.

RM

Author: ariechert Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 659862 of 725980
Subject: Re: Miracle on 34th Street....Movie Date: 12/13/2012 11:36 AM
"I want a turkey though this year. I miss the left overs." - rocketsmomma

I cut up the Thanksgiving turkey this year before it was cooked. Cut it up like a big chicken. Drumsticks, thighs, wingettes, boneless skinless breast halves, and two back pieces.

I turned the boney pieces, neck, giblets, into turkey broth and then turkey noodle soup, roasted the drumsticks and thighs and wingettes, and put the boneless skinless breast pieces back in the freezer. I'm thinking about grinding and mixing the turkey breast with two big packages of top round and maybe some boston butt to make a delightful mixed trio of ground meat. Maybe I'll wait till Linda comes for a visit so she can enjoy it with me. Something fun to do together too.

I have made homemade sausage a number of times, both Italian sausage and country sausage. It's not easy to find casings though. I have the stuffing attachments for my grinder if I do find natural casings.

Art

Author: RocketsMomma Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 659873 of 725980
Subject: Re: Miracle on 34th Street....Movie Date: 12/13/2012 12:54 PM
when cooking with tomatoes -- the peppers are a biggie. I love the flavor that peppers give tomato when they cook together for a while

Made some chicken based chili type thing last night, really cheap ground chicken on the last day of sale reduced, yada yada

but that was good.

The peppers and celery are in and I think it is better all ready. DH seemed to like it fine as is (apparently sitting over night helped a lot, too) but this is better. Added a touch more cumin as well.

I make a very nice chicken chili, aka white chili. But I stew a whole chicken in a crockpot and shred it. I use navy or great northern beans instead of pinto and throw in some lime juice. Seems to make it just perfect.

The current chili has a few hours left to meld before sis and her BF get here. They're already in Michigan as of 11 am, but they had to stop at Cabela's in Dundee. It's about a 3.5 hour drive from there to here.

RM :-)

Author: RocketsMomma Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 659882 of 725980
Subject: Re: Miracle on 34th Street....Movie Date: 12/13/2012 1:49 PM
Yum! It's a party in your mouth! Arriba, muy delicioso!

just call me Arturo!

LOL

!Hola, Arturo!

I've got all that stuff if they want it. :-)

And now I've got some parsley onion bread being whipped into shape by the bread machine. I'll bake it in the oven.

Madre de Cohete

Author: ariechert Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 659902 of 725980
Subject: Re: Miracle on 34th Street....Movie Date: 12/13/2012 4:34 PM
!Hola, Arturo! I've got all that stuff if they want it. :-) And now I've got some parsley onion bread being whipped into shape by the bread machine. I'll bake it in the oven." - Madre de Cohete

For breakfast this morning I had a squirrel fried in bacon fat with salt and pepper on it and a package of chicken flavored Ramen Noodles with chives and a cholula pepper that Lindytoes grew.

For lunch I had a pimento cheese sandwich made with homemade pimento cheese and some homemade banana pudding.

I think for dinner I'm going to have a big juicy hamburger made with ground round that I ground up yesterday. I'm going to melt maybe three slices of American cheese on it till the cheese is all runny and melty. I don't have any hamburger buns so I'm going to use whole wheat bread, Miracle Whip, shredded lettuce, sliced tomato, thinly sliced purple onion, dill pickle slices, and ketchup.

Art

Author: RocketsMomma Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 659915 of 725980
Subject: Re: Miracle on 34th Street....Movie Date: 12/13/2012 6:00 PM
We haven't had squirrel in a while. Still waiting on sis to get here so we can eat that chili. DH couldn't wait and had some an hour or so ago, I just keep tasting it.

Brought the beer up from the garage fridge to the kitchen one.

They ought to be here any minute.

RM

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 659917 of 725980
Subject: Re: Miracle on 34th Street....Movie Date: 12/13/2012 6:13 PM
Brought the beer up from the garage fridge to the kitchen one.

They ought to be here any minute.

LOL, yes that same trick works for me, I put out the alcohol and my in-laws show up <grin>

Author: ariechert Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 659924 of 725980
Subject: Re: Miracle on 34th Street....Movie Date: 12/13/2012 7:50 PM
"We haven't had squirrel in a while. Still waiting on sis to get here so we can eat that chili. DH couldn't wait and had some an hour or so ago, I just keep tasting it. Brought the beer up from the garage fridge to the kitchen one. They ought to be here any minute." - RM

My ground round burger tonight was pretty dry. Not enough fat in it. I have about 3/4's of a pound left that I think I'm going to turn into taco meat and make tacos for dinner tomorrow night. For lunch tomorrow I'll probably eat another squirrel and some kind of noodles.

Art

Author: RocketsMomma Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 659931 of 725980
Subject: Re: Miracle on 34th Street....Movie Date: 12/13/2012 8:11 PM
I'm going to turn into taco meat and make tacos for dinner tomorrow night.

The guys will be at hunting camp tomorrow so figure my sister and I might just do something with some of the muscovy duck I cooked in the crock pot the other day.

RM

Author: MichaelRead Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Winner! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 659959 of 725980
Subject: Re: Miracle on 34th Street....Movie Date: 12/13/2012 9:27 PM
The guys will be at hunting camp tomorrow so figure my sister and I might just do something with some of the muscovy duck I cooked in the crock pot the other day.

RM

What I’d like to hear about is how RM’s sis likes the new home theater installation. It’s a doozy. It’s also the only installation I’ve advised on that a necessity of furniture/speaker placement also included sufficient space for the dogs to lay out.

MichaelR

Author: RocketsMomma Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 659965 of 725980
Subject: Re: Miracle on 34th Street....Movie Date: 12/13/2012 9:51 PM
What I’d like to hear about is how RM’s sis likes the new home theater installation.

Well so far we're watching CBS which only is 2.0 broadcast so we can't really test the system. But while the guys are at camp tomorrow I feel DVD rental may be upon us. She has just mentioned wanting to see Thor. I think that will show off the system nicely as I did rent it a month ago. And Prometheus is another she'd like to see.

I guess the Christmas movies will have to wait. ;-)

And now there are 3 dogs laying all over the place.

RM

Author: andrew61 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 660174 of 725980
Subject: Re: Miracle on 34th Street....Movie Date: 12/14/2012 9:32 PM

#5 - A Christmas Story

Here's one I like that became an instant favorite the first time I saw it several years ago:

Mr. Christmas

http://www.amazon.com/MR-CHRISTMAS-Jace-McLean/dp/B001O4PVYG...

Author: TMFHunzi Big red star, 1000 posts Home Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 660181 of 725980
Subject: Re: Miracle on 34th Street....Movie Date: 12/14/2012 10:23 PM
Miracle on 34th Street

#5 - A Christmas Story

All of the above plus National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. We actually have loads of Christmas movies on DVD and watch Christmas marathons.

My favorite sleeper Christmas movie is Prancer. Turns me weepy every time.

Always ;-)
Hunzi

Author: andrew61 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 660188 of 725980
Subject: Re: Miracle on 34th Street....Movie Date: 12/14/2012 11:05 PM
All of the above plus National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.

Oh yes, that's a good one. How could I forget that one?

A Christmas Story is the one I never, ever miss, however. Two of the many reasons I favor this movie are (1) it was filmed in Cleveland, and (2) the boys remind me of kids I grew up with.

Author: RocketsMomma Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 660863 of 725980
Subject: Re: Miracle on 34th Street....Movie Date: 12/18/2012 3:57 PM
What I’d like to hear about is how RM’s sis likes the new home theater installation.

Well I asked her, because "Michael Read wants to know!" She said it was "very nice".

Apparently, my sister is a tough nut to crack.

RM

Author: MichaelRead Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Winner! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 660910 of 725980
Subject: Re: Miracle on 34th Street....Movie Date: 12/18/2012 5:48 PM

Well I asked her, because "Michael Read wants to know!" She said it was "very nice".

Apparently, my sister is a tough nut to crack.

RM

Same with Elly. I make tweaks to the system and she says the same: ‘Very nice.’ But that’s all I really want to hear. Elly’s not into specifics such as amp specs and the like but does like getting into content. To her, the system is just content delivery; mine is the delivery is made better by having the appropriate ‘stuff’.

Recently got a second sub that solved bass management (one sub alone caused standing waves) and a few nights ago played Prometheus which has a heavy bass and Elly said, “It’s nice.”

MichaelR

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (42) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement