UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: slowlythere Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 15005  
Subject: Misc. Friday checking in Date: 12/27/2013 5:45 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
Hi folks, hope everyone's good.

Just airing, sharing, etc.

Today is a symbolic hard day for me. I struggle to find ways not to go out much, but did go out a bit a few times so far. And my week hasn't been so good, but I'm struggling. Not just because of the holiday on the 25th, which I don't really celebrate in any real way. But knowing that it is, at the least, a cultural holiday and I have never felt a real part of it, doesn't help. It has not been a good week.

Not least, trying not to be angry and venting at people - even if only privately to myself. I have been ignoring telephone calls, especially from the codependent people I know. And one of the current users-manipulators, a woman, called me, I let it go to voicemail. And I nearly went off as I listened to the voicemail. Struggling to not let my angry side take over.

An odd moment outside. I was at the supermarket buying some beer (cheap malt liquor, a couple of 40's, TYVM)j and had a cashier who recognizes me by face. She smiled at me, one customer away. She's great with eye contact. And when I gave her my transactions, she asked me, with real eye contact which the cashiers normally never do, "How are you?" And seriously wanted to know, with that pause and eye contact that, you know, normally people don't do when they are just saying it, not really asking it.

And I was sort, of bleh, confused, not expecting the question, and she repeated it, "How are you?" like she meant it. And waited for me to respond.

And I lied and said I was okay, or something, with the fake smile and awkward shrug.

But, you know, it felt really good that someone seemed to be concerned about me. But first, that they even noticed something was up.

And knowing this, it makes me feel so unbelievably pathetic.

Hate being so conflicted. But I am.

Thanks,
ST
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Looking at Currency Ratios
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement