Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0

Remember last year or the year before, the IRS issued checks to taxpayers, I believe it was $500 for head of household?

I never received my tax rebate check, and now am wondering if there is any way to apply for the missing rebate.

My friend tells me that most likely they missed me because I filed my return for the previous year very late due to the need to reconstruct some missing documentation (i paid all the taxes due on time, just did not file the final return until all the records were sorted out). Everything is up to date now, but I don't think I saw anywhere where it might have been added into a later year's return if it was not received.

thank you.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.