Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
http://web.mit.edu/newsoffice/2013/better-batteries-through-...

Angela Belcher at MIT has come up with an improved lithium battery that uses viruses to build nanoscale manganese connections. The technology is expected to double the storage capacity of lithium batteries, which are already 5 times more powerful on a wt basis than lead acid batteries.

Much work is yet to be done, but the research is promising.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
Hey Paul !

I'm sure ? that Elon Musk knows about this ...

Rich (haywool)
No. of Recommendations: 0
People do continue to work on improving batteries and they are having some success. We'll have to see how far they can go. Lithium is a very light metal. That should make it the best theoretical battery. Working out all the kinks will take a while.

But frankly, the lead acid batteries of today are much better than the ones we had 40 yrs ago. Progress is still being made there too after a hundred years of commercial use.
"an improved lithium battery that uses viruses to build nanoscale manganese connections"

There was a time where I could keep up with technology improvements. That time is long past.
I know there are services out there that will send you abstracts of patents and publications in selected areas. For those in the business, that is a common way to keep up with new developments and keep an eye on competitors.

Some serious investors may subscribe to such services as part of their research effort. But for most small investors, that takes too much effort.

For example in the chemical industry, I know there are conventions where companies introduce their wares. There are also large general magazines and numerous small sector magazines.

Investors seem to hear quite a bit about the big electronics convention, but most conventions get little or no coverage in the investor press.
Advertisement