UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (30) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: eatenbybears Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1960702  
Subject: Mitt Romney reaches 275 electoral votes .. Date: 10/7/2012 5:03 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 5
New Polls, Romney leads Obama nationwide, Florida, Ohio, Colorado and Virginia

New Polls shows Mitt Romney reaches 275 electoral votes and Obama 263 votes. Total number of Electoral College votes: 538 Total needed to win: 270.

The Rasmussen Reports .... Mitt Romney attracting support from 49% of voters nationwide, while President Obama earns the vote from 47%.

Rasmussen Reports telephone survey of Likely Virginia Voters, shows Romney earning 49% support to Obama’s 48%.

SHOCKING!

Gravis Marketing, poll Oct. 3-4, shows Mr. Romney with a 49.4 percent to 45.9 percent lead over Mr. Obama. The president had held nearly a 5-point lead in a poll conducted Sept. 25, at 50.2 percent to 45.5 percent.

WeAskAmerica survey of Florida shows a similar Romney lead of 49 percent to 46 percent.

The latest Rasmussen Reports statewide telephone survey of Florida Likely Voters shows Romney with 49% of the vote to Obama’s 47%.

WeAskAmerica survey polls of Ohio shows Romney leading 47 percent to 46 percent.

Mitt Romney leads in seven of the 11 swing states. The QStarNews poll surveyed likely voters from Colorado, Florida, Iowa, Michigan, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia and Wisconsin. The poll included 2737 likely voters from those 11 states and had a margin of error of 1.87 percent.

http://www.examiner.com/article/new-polls-romney-leads-obama...

Bears
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: ramsfanray Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822065 of 1960702
Subject: Re: Mitt Romney reaches 275 electoral votes .. Date: 10/7/2012 5:13 PM
Recommendations: 6
Enjoy it today.

Author: InconclusiveFool Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822067 of 1960702
Subject: Re: Mitt Romney reaches 275 electoral votes .. Date: 10/7/2012 5:22 PM
Recommendations: 3
Romney in 2012!! Finally we'll have some hope and get some change.

The best the current administration can do is a guy who forgot to pay $40K in taxes to take care of money issues - no wonder our economic malaise continues.

Author: eatenbybears Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822071 of 1960702
Subject: Re: Mitt Romney reaches 275 electoral votes .. Date: 10/7/2012 6:07 PM
Recommendations: 1
Enjoy it today

What you talking about ... "IT"

He is winning all over, nationwide, swing states ...

That aint no "It"

That is clearly a "them"

Bears

Author: Theobald64 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822072 of 1960702
Subject: Re: Mitt Romney reaches 275 electoral votes .. Date: 10/7/2012 6:10 PM
Recommendations: 0
Romney is having a good week. Unfortunately, Romney has made too many mistakes to be assured of lock in (had he picked Rubio, this thing would be over by now).

This will be extremely close, and it shouldn't be. Given the performance and the the Democrats telling the great middle that they could care less about them, this should be a 56-43-1 election in popular vote and something just short of a landslide in the EC for the Republicans.

Obama's guys will be ready for the next debate. It is critical that team Romney generate false tells in the debate prep. by leaking false talking points to a wider internal audience and keeping the actual debate prep to no more than 4 or 5 people, max. The "you're no Jack Kennedy" quip years ago occurred because the Democrats apparently had a plant that knew Quayle would use this analogy.

Very, very close. Florida will be key. GOP takes Senate, GOP extends or holds fast in House, GOP extends in State Houses and Governorships as well.

As I have told you people, this is (and has been) Romney's to lose. He cannot make any more mistakes, particularly on security and message discipline. One more like the 47% screw up and this one is lost.

Author: SaintPatrick1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822074 of 1960702
Subject: Re: Mitt Romney reaches 275 electoral votes .. Date: 10/7/2012 6:19 PM
As I have told you people, this is (and has been) Romney's to lose.

Knocking an incumbent out is hard. Knocking an incumbent out who was voted in so passionately four years ago seems harder.

But it is the economy.

This race isn't and hasn't been either of the candidates.

I think Romney will win, and I think that it is the better option now.

Author: kenm47 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822080 of 1960702
Subject: Re: Mitt Romney reaches 275 electoral votes .. Date: 10/7/2012 7:04 PM
Dream on!

When you wake up, check on "538" which still has the President at "now" 88.6% chance of reelection.

Ken

Author: Theobald64 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822082 of 1960702
Subject: Re: Mitt Romney reaches 275 electoral votes .. Date: 10/7/2012 7:12 PM
Ken,

FYI...

http://elections.nytimes.com/2010/forecasts/senate/nevada

Author: kenm47 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822083 of 1960702
Subject: Re: Mitt Romney reaches 275 electoral votes .. Date: 10/7/2012 7:14 PM
So what? Nevada ain't the nation. If anything, musta been too cautious in that hot Tea race.

Ken

Author: TheDope1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822086 of 1960702
Subject: Re: Mitt Romney reaches 275 electoral votes .. Date: 10/7/2012 7:21 PM
Recommendations: 2
Too early to celebrate. Leave that for trash-talking, inebriated left wingers. We play 'till the whistle on our side.

Author: AlphaWolf Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822088 of 1960702
Subject: Re: Mitt Romney reaches 275 electoral votes .. Date: 10/7/2012 7:27 PM
eatenbybears,

Ok, you think the polls show Romney will win the election.

I think the polls show Obama will win the election.

How about a friendly wager?

No, no, no ...... not $10,000.

How about whoever loses gives their word not to post on the MF boards, starting the day after the election, for 30 consecutive days?

What do you think?

AW

Author: bufftrainer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822090 of 1960702
Subject: Re: Mitt Romney reaches 275 electoral votes .. Date: 10/7/2012 7:30 PM
He still has a month, meaning at least two more "Those people aren't my job" or " I like to fire people" pronouncements. He's already dropped another foreign policy dumb-bomb just yesterday. No problem.

Author: Theobald64 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822091 of 1960702
Subject: Re: Mitt Romney reaches 275 electoral votes .. Date: 10/7/2012 7:33 PM
So what? Nevada ain't the nation. If anything, musta been too cautious in that hot Tea race.

Ken

Ugh, I keep forgetting who I am dealing with. Forget it, you are freaking hopeless. You will tell yourself what you want to hear until the baseball bat of reality hits you in the face, then you will deny that you just got hit in the face. It is amazing.

Didn't the 2010 thing teach you anything??

You are a throwback to a different time. The enlightenment rejected certainty as the way to truth for fallibility. You need to advance your thinking...

Author: Theobald64 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822092 of 1960702
Subject: Re: Mitt Romney reaches 275 electoral votes .. Date: 10/7/2012 7:34 PM
How about whoever loses gives their word not to post on the MF boards, starting the day after the election, for 30 consecutive days?

What do you think?

Lord, I will take that bet, can it be for a year, or 5 years??

Author: FreethinkerKW Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822093 of 1960702
Subject: Re: Mitt Romney reaches 275 electoral votes .. Date: 10/7/2012 7:34 PM
Rasmussen only polls people with hardline phones into their homes.

How many young people have never had a hardwire phone in their lives?

Knowing this, how likely is a Rasmussen poll worth any more than a coin flip?

Author: eatenbybears Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822095 of 1960702
Subject: Re: Mitt Romney reaches 275 electoral votes .. Date: 10/7/2012 7:43 PM
538 :)

Boardwalk and Baseball :)

Bears

Author: eatenbybears Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822096 of 1960702
Subject: Re: Mitt Romney reaches 275 electoral votes .. Date: 10/7/2012 7:50 PM

Ken

One debate and all the poll numbers flip? Romney takes the lead in 11 swing states? Romney moves ahead in the electoral vote?

That debate was the one I expected Obama would do well in ... all stuff he supposedly knows

What happens on Foreign Policy? Obama has none and has never seemed to care ... just easier to let Hillary hang on a string somewhere in Asia or the Middle East.

Obama cant debate ..... showed it well .... all down hill from here.

Romney, since the debate, is actually seen as "likable"

Bears

Author: eatenbybears Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822099 of 1960702
Subject: Re: Mitt Romney reaches 275 electoral votes .. Date: 10/7/2012 7:58 PM
AlphaWolf

All the data is not in and all the dust is far from settled, but I will take the bet ... I am expecting to vote for the Romney, so may as well back it up

Bears

Who still is not sure who will win, just who I will vote for

Author: kenm47 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822101 of 1960702
Subject: Re: Mitt Romney reaches 275 electoral votes .. Date: 10/7/2012 8:03 PM
"Didn't the 2010 thing teach you anything??"

How stupid and self-defeating much of the country is.

Ken

Author: SaintPatrick1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822102 of 1960702
Subject: Re: Mitt Romney reaches 275 electoral votes .. Date: 10/7/2012 8:03 PM
"
Rasmussen only polls people with hardline phones into their homes.

Knowing this, how likely is a Rasmussen poll worth any more than a coin flip?

"

While we do not currently call cell phones directly when conducting our surveys, to reach those who have abandoned traditional landline telephones, Rasmussen Reports uses an online survey tool to interview a demographically diverse panel. Just like our telephone surveys, respondents for this approach are selected on a random basis to insure the reliability of the sample.

Author: eatenbybears Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822103 of 1960702
Subject: Re: Mitt Romney reaches 275 electoral votes .. Date: 10/7/2012 8:05 PM
Recommendations: 3

How many young people have never had Job in their lives since Obama took office?

Bears

Author: kenm47 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822104 of 1960702
Subject: Re: Mitt Romney reaches 275 electoral votes .. Date: 10/7/2012 8:09 PM
Recommendations: 2
"How many young people have never had Job in their lives since Obama took office?"

How many young people (ours and theirs) did the Republicans kill or destroy with the invasion into Iraq?

Ken

Author: AlphaWolf Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822118 of 1960702
Subject: Re: Mitt Romney reaches 275 electoral votes .. Date: 10/7/2012 9:06 PM
Who still is not sure who will win, just who I will vote for

Same here.

Your on, my friend.

AW

Author: eatenbybears Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822123 of 1960702
Subject: Re: Mitt Romney reaches 275 electoral votes .. Date: 10/7/2012 9:25 PM
Your on, my friend.

AW

OK .... we will still need to post on the 7th to congratulate the winner

Bears

(Who knows that this election will most likly not result in the seating of a new president. No doubt, the Dec. 21 target date on the Mayan calendar for apocalypse will put an end to that ever happening)

Author: spikie Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822142 of 1960702
Subject: Re: Mitt Romney reaches 275 electoral votes .. Date: 10/7/2012 11:20 PM
Kenm47 Cherry picker.

Ken, you should move to Michigan. You could make a fortune in the orchards.

Author: SpeedBump13 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822151 of 1960702
Subject: Re: Mitt Romney reaches 275 electoral votes .. Date: 10/7/2012 11:48 PM
I'm not saying QStarNews is a kid in his mother's basement, but the site is hosted by GoDaddy and the address is a tiny house in a residential area, not even an office.
http://www.statscrop.com/www/qstarnews.com
http://www.qstarnews.net/contact.cfm
Guess who "the corporation" contact phone number goes to? Dean Chambers of UnskewedPolls.
http://www.slate.com/blogs/weigel/2012/09/24/dean_chambers_m...

"Dean Chambers, a blogger on Examiner.com who writes from his home in Duffield, Virginia...
...The Unskewed Polling site — an arm of Chambers' network of six other "Q Star News" websites — is an independent "journalistic assignment that I took upon myself," he said."
http://www.buzzfeed.com/rubycramer/conservatives-embrace-alt...

This guy probably wouldn't be my go-to source for polling data for a national election. Then again, I don't live in the Conservative bubble world. I feel like Alice down the rabbit hole.

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822178 of 1960702
Subject: Re: Mitt Romney reaches 275 electoral votes .. Date: 10/8/2012 7:23 AM
One debate and all the poll numbers flip? Romney takes the lead in 11 swing states? Romney moves ahead in the electoral vote?

Anything about the Obama Presidency without accepting the strawman arguments we see him constantly does not play well for Obama.

Obama can be a great debater, but against an informed opponent, it is just not a situation where he can win.

Obama has to turn the debate away from the last 4 years. Which is essentially impossible because his argument is that we have to continue what we have been doing because it is working, just a little slowly.

Obama's only real chance in the next debate, is the moderator making it impossible for Romney to confront Obama's facts, and to keep Romney within some prescribed timeframe on each question. I expect the moderator to really go for tight control in an attempt to make this appear a fight between the moderator and ROmney, with a patient Obama answering strawmen, errggghhh I mean questions patiently and with a smile.

Well, that is what I expect to see attempted, the Romney camp will IMO see this possibility also so can they dismantle it? We will see.

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822179 of 1960702
Subject: Re: Mitt Romney reaches 275 electoral votes .. Date: 10/8/2012 7:25 AM
While we do not currently call cell phones directly when conducting our surveys, to reach those who have abandoned traditional landline telephones, Rasmussen Reports uses an online survey tool to interview a demographically diverse panel. Just like our telephone surveys, respondents for this approach are selected on a random basis to insure the reliability of the sample.

Are you sure? I had heard they only interviewed little old ladies coming home from Klan meetings

Author: InconclusiveFool Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822188 of 1960702
Subject: Re: Mitt Romney reaches 275 electoral votes .. Date: 10/8/2012 8:11 AM
"How many young people have never had a hardwire phone in their lives?"

That's not my problem.

Author: InconclusiveFool Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822189 of 1960702
Subject: Re: Mitt Romney reaches 275 electoral votes .. Date: 10/8/2012 8:13 AM
"How many young people have never had Job in their lives since Obama took office?"

They're too busy texting each other at happy hour.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (30) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement