Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (22) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: alcear Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 165995  
Subject: Mitt Witt Heckler Date: 10/8/2012 3:02 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 39
During a recent Romney campaign stop, a heckler from the audience hollered, "Hey Mitt Witt, where are you hiding your tax returns?

Governor Romney politely responded, "I've found a very secure place that I'm certain they won't be found."

The insistent heckler, then shouted, "And just where is that, dummy"?

Governor Romney smiled and said, "They are underneath Obama's Birth Certificate, college records, his immigration status as a student, and his funding sources to pay for college.

What's your next question?"
Print the post Back To Top
Author: JonathanRoth Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 156147 of 165995
Subject: Re: Mitt Witt Heckler Date: 10/9/2012 9:33 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 39
Governor Romney smiled and said, "They are underneath Obama's Birth Certificate, college records, his immigration status as a student, and his funding sources to pay for college.

What's your next question?"

Thank you, here's my followup question.

You apparently believe Obama hasn't fully disclosed the information above. According to your party failing to disclose isn't acceptable behavior. Is holding your opponent to one standard of behavior and holding yourself to a lower standard the behavior we should expect from you?

Author: hockeymomof3 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 156148 of 165995
Subject: Re: Mitt Witt Heckler Date: 10/9/2012 9:38 AM
Recommendations: 6
You apparently believe Obama hasn't fully disclosed the information above. According to your party failing to disclose isn't acceptable behavior. Is holding your opponent to one standard of behavior and holding yourself to a lower standard the behavior we should expect from you?

Obama has not even partially disclosed any of the above. Same question to your party.

Sheesh

Teri

Author: hrse Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 156151 of 165995
Subject: Re: Mitt Witt Heckler Date: 10/9/2012 1:25 PM
Recommendations: 3
They are underneath Obama's Birth Certificate, college records, his immigration status as a student, and his funding sources to pay for college.

Did Mitt release all of these? I found his birth certificat, but I don't see any record of the others. I know that as young man Mitt went to France to serve his Church instead of going to Vietnam to serve his country.

Speaking of ... what about his deferment for the Vietnam War? Where is the documentation for this?

Author: TMBFAverageJoe Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 156152 of 165995
Subject: Re: Mitt Witt Heckler Date: 10/9/2012 2:05 PM
Recommendations: 27
"I know that as young man Mitt went to France to serve his Church
instead of going to Vietnam to serve his country."

No cheating there. All Mormons are required to do missionary work right out of high school. The military recognizes this as a valid deferment. If you're looking to tie into a religion-based deferment you need go no further than Muhammad Ali suddenly turning Muslim the day he got his draft notice.

~aj
(Four years in Vietnam, two Purple Hearts, so don't even go there)

Author: warrl Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 156153 of 165995
Subject: Re: Mitt Witt Heckler Date: 10/9/2012 3:09 PM
Recommendations: 7
"I know that as young man Mitt went to France to serve his Church
instead of going to Vietnam to serve his country."

Yeah, on a deferment. Deferment does not mean "you're excused"; it means "we'll talk to you later".

My father-in-law was of typical military age during the Korean War. He did not go to Korea to serve his country. He, like Mitt, went to France instead. Is this at all a count against him?

(Minor detail: he was sent to France by the US Air Force.)

And my next question would be, what did this poster have to say *during* the Vietnam war about people who served in Vietnam? Was he (or would he have been) among those who screamed "Baby killer!" and "Imperialist!" (among other less pleasant things) at returning draftees? And now tries to condemn Mitt for not being one of them?

Author: telegraph Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 156156 of 165995
Subject: Re: Mitt Witt Heckler Date: 10/9/2012 4:28 PM
"You apparently believe Obama hasn't fully disclosed the information above. According to your party failing to disclose isn't acceptable behavior. Is holding your opponent to one standard of behavior and holding yourself to a lower standard the behavior we should expect from you? "

Name ONE course that Obama took at Occidental, Columbia or Harvard?

you won't find it.

Name ONE dissertation he wrote and you can see.

you won't find it.

sorry....OBama's life is still a total secret.

He won't even admit Ayers wrote his first book.

t.

Author: telegraph Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 156157 of 165995
Subject: Re: Mitt Witt Heckler Date: 10/9/2012 4:32 PM
""I know that as young man Mitt went to France to serve his Church
instead of going to Vietnam to serve his country.""

And a zillion other baby boomers went off to college and got a deferment while they were completing their education.

Including me.

You had great incentive to stay in school and get a good education.

When I graduated, within months, I was called to take my physical and classified 1A. Then they had the lottery to determine who would go...and within weeks after that, the war ended.

So?

I know of tens of thousands of others who had 'student deferments' and 'occupational deferments'..... but that did not mean you would not serve. YOu just had them while you had a reason to have them

Now look at Barack, who hates the military, never served a day, and would do away with it totally if he could.

t.

Author: JonathanRoth Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 156158 of 165995
Subject: Re: Mitt Witt Heckler Date: 10/9/2012 4:51 PM
Recommendations: 2
telegraph, hockeymomof3,

You both missed the point. It is all about individual responsibility. Mitt should do the right thing regardless of what anyone else does. Obama's behavior thing has nothing to do with the appropriateness of Mitt's behavior. Saying "He does it also." isn't the explanation of an responsible adult, but of an irresponsible child.

Which is why the original joke was demeaning to Mitt, it portrayed him as a child.

Author: hrse Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 156159 of 165995
Subject: Re: Mitt Witt Heckler Date: 10/9/2012 4:53 PM
Recommendations: 0
No cheating there. All Mormons are required to do missionary work right out of high school. The military recognizes this as a valid deferment.

Then it should be no problem at all producing the paper work.

Author: hrse Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 156160 of 165995
Subject: Re: Mitt Witt Heckler Date: 10/9/2012 4:57 PM
Recommendations: 4
~aj
(Four years in Vietnam, two Purple Hearts, so don't even go there)

Why are we allowed to call into question Kerry's purple hearts, but not yours?

Author: telegraph Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 156161 of 165995
Subject: Re: Mitt Witt Heckler Date: 10/9/2012 5:01 PM
"Then it should be no problem at all producing the paper work. "

YOu mean you really saved your request for a defermnent back in 1964? I didn't....told the draft board I was a student and the college sent in an official letter..... and I don't think I got a copy but sure didn't save it.

After college, got a 'draft deferable' job in a defense communications industry....until they ended that...and then was 1A... and I didn't save ANY of that paperwork.

But I do have my college transcripts...and if I wrote a big thesis, I'd sure have it, or allow my college to release it.... but I didn't have to write one.

What's with libs? they have to do nothing and produce nothing in the way of records.....but their opposition has to provide everything they don't?

heh heh...this should go back to the PA board lunatic assylum

t.

Author: TMBFAverageJoe Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 156162 of 165995
Subject: Re: Mitt Witt Heckler Date: 10/9/2012 5:03 PM
Recommendations: 5
"Then it should be no problem at all producing the paper work. "

If I get a written three year warranty on a kitchen appliance, there is
no point in holding onto it after the warranty period is up.

~aj

Author: grouse100 Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 156163 of 165995
Subject: Re: Mitt Witt Heckler Date: 10/9/2012 6:02 PM
PLOINK!

Author: hockeymomof3 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 156165 of 165995
Subject: Re: Mitt Witt Heckler Date: 10/9/2012 6:55 PM
Gov Romney's taxes satisfied the IRS - that is all you need to know. The 'right' thing is NOT to feed the liberals tangential information so they can go off on it and ignore the real problems of this country.

What he paid? Not nearly as important as what the current CIC is hiding.

Talk about missing the point....

Teri

Author: telegraph Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 156166 of 165995
Subject: Re: Mitt Witt Heckler Date: 10/9/2012 7:32 PM
Recommendations: 20
and now..Obama is blabbing about Big Bird.

Not jobs...

Big bird.....

Not national security...

big Bird....

not controlling the borders...

big bird....

not coming clean on Fast and Furious...

big bird....

When Obama has to yak and yak and yak about Big Bird, rather than putting folks back to work, getting the economy back on track...

you know he realizes he's a loser....

You think the family sitting around a table, worrying about losing their job, or finding another one....maybe facing foreclosure...wants to hear obama talk about Big Bird..Big Bird...Big Bird.....??????

t

t

Author: JonathanRoth Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 156167 of 165995
Subject: Re: Mitt Witt Heckler Date: 10/9/2012 8:34 PM
Gov Romney's taxes satisfied the IRS - that is all you need to know.

Still missing the same point. It's all about personal responsibility. Lot's of issues become clear once you appropriately assign responsibility.

Mitt has every right to show his tax returns or not. It is solely his choice. He has to live with the results.

I have every right to set any criteria I want for voting for someone. It is solely my choice. I have to live with the results.

A discussion of why someone picks one criteria or another may be interesting. A statement of "that is all you need to know" goes back to why the original post was insulting to Mitt.

Author: telegraph Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 156171 of 165995
Subject: Re: Mitt Witt Heckler Date: 10/9/2012 9:50 PM
Recommendations: 6
jonathan:"Still missing the same point. It's all about personal responsibility"

OK. So I assume you apply the same test to Obama. Right?

Where are his college records? (buried with Jimmy Hoffa's whereabouts?)....

SO when will Obama come clean and admit (ALready scientiically proven by grammar and sentence structure analysis, use of the same 'stories' with different names, etc) that Bill Ayers wrote his book Dreams from my Father?

About the same time that you admit that Obama spent 20 years, week after week, listening to REv Wright rant on and on about how 'whitie' had put the black man down, the call for 'social justice' and 'reparations', his hatred for the Jews? And guest speakers like Farrakhan?

Yep, it's something called personal responsibility, and you seem to have no reason to apply it to Obama.

I thought the original post was funny......

You obsess over 'the tax returns' when you should be focused on why Obama would rather play golf that meet with his job council with 12.8 million unemployed workers desperate for a job..... now over six months...and that is no joke.....

t.

Author: JonathanRoth Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 156173 of 165995
Subject: Re: Mitt Witt Heckler Date: 10/9/2012 10:53 PM
Recommendations: 1
So I assume you apply the same test to Obama.

I do apply the same test to Obama. For example, I didn't mind when Bush went on vacation or when Obama plays golf, because the President can work from anywhere and needs to relax to do a quality job.

After listening to people rant about his birth certificate for 4 years, I concluded he's native born and stopped worrying about it. I also concluded that after being in office for 4 years, if the worst people can say about him is wondering how he paid for his schooling, then he did a pretty good job. It isn't important to me about who wrote what book or his relationship with Wright.

I've learned when the most important thing someone can do while conversing with you is put words in your mouth or bring up straw man arguments, I'm wasting my time conversing.

I've had my say, bye

Author: hrse Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 156176 of 165995
Subject: Re: Mitt Witt Heckler Date: 10/9/2012 11:11 PM
PLOINK!

I love you too.

Author: hrse Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 156177 of 165995
Subject: Re: Mitt Witt Heckler Date: 10/9/2012 11:16 PM
Gov Romney's taxes satisfied the IRS

What standards?

The IRS does not hand review each and every tax return.

Further the last thing it would do is review out of turn the return of a presidential candidate.

Let me know if you know it otherwise, but there are no returns that are automatically reviewed.

Author: Beridian Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 156184 of 165995
Subject: Re: Mitt Witt Heckler Date: 10/10/2012 8:12 AM
No cheating there. All Mormons are required to do missionary work right out of high school. The military recognizes this as a valid deferment. If you're looking to tie into a religion-based deferment you need go no further than Muhammad Ali suddenly turning Muslim the day he got his draft notice.

I think both Muhammad Ali and Romney were cowards. Just because something is legal does not make it moral.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (22) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement