Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
mjbxx, this link may provide some insight to you regarding this:

You may receive a better response if you post you question on the Retirement Investing board. Your wanting to gain control of the money in the 457 plan is a common problem, especially if you want to invest some of it in stocks. The best recommendation I can give is to see a tax advisor, who can run a few scenarios to see what would be better for you.


Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.