UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: jamesoid Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 41633  
Subject: mklein9 re BMW database Date: 11/12/2004 8:28 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
After reading BMW's too low too high post I clicked over to your BMW site to check out the NOK chart. Couldn't find it but I did find SJT which you have listed a San Juan Basin Realty. I think this is an error since I hold SJT (San Juan Basin Royalty Trust) which is a Royalty Trust which distributes Oil and Gas Royalties to shareholders. FYI.

Would like to know where BMW CAGR chart for NOK is though.

Excellent stuff thanks.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: mklein9 Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Winner! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3127 of 41633
Subject: Re: mklein9 re BMW database Date: 11/12/2004 8:37 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
The problem with NOK is that it only has 9 years of stock history in the MSN MoneyCentral database. To quote from the main page of the web site ( http://invest.kleinnet.com/bmw1 ):

So, if a stock you know has been around for long enough to be in the screen results and it's not there, and its market cap is over $1 billion, it is because MSN's historical data doesn't list it back that far.

Strictly, NOK is actually not a BMW style stock because it doesn't have the price history BMW looks for. But it is such a large, long-running, stable, well-known company whose products we understand that we can look past the lack of stock history and make some reasonable estimates.

Regarding SJT, I get the company names directly from MSN MoneyCentral. If you go to MSN MoneyCentral through the link on the page under "Screen Methodology" and type in "SJT" for the symbol, you'll get San Juan Basin Royalty Trust.

-Mike (mklein9)

Author: cocomurph1 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Home Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3130 of 41633
Subject: Re: mklein9 re BMW database Date: 11/13/2004 11:17 AM
Here is a BMW chart for NOK...somewhat dated, but you can extend the lines mentally to get some idea of where it stands:

http://briefcase.yahoo.com/cocomurph1

Regards,

Murph

Author: hildy Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3131 of 41633
Subject: Re: mklein9 re BMW database Date: 11/13/2004 12:48 PM

Would like to know where BMW CAGR chart for NOK is though.

Hi James!

For a look at the 'latest' NOK Chart, as of 11-12-04, see my charts at; http://f2.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/tildetoo

There are a couple others there too; 7-28-04, 10-01-04, which may give you a better perspective on how NOK has been doing.

Also, notice the little box in the upper right corner... it will show you how my investment is performing!

Cheers, and good reading!

~hildy ;o)

Author: jamesoid Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3132 of 41633
Subject: Re: mklein9 re BMW database Date: 11/13/2004 12:58 PM
Thanks for NOK explanation.

"Regarding SJT, I get the company names directly from MSN MoneyCentral. If you go to MSN MoneyCentral through the link on the page under "Screen Methodology" and type in "SJT" for the symbol, you'll get San Juan Basin Royalty Trust."

That's right but clicking on SJT @BMW Method it shows "San Juan Basin Realty", which is an error as I am trying to indicate to you.

Regards

Author: jamesoid Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3133 of 41633
Subject: Re: mklein9 re BMW database Date: 11/13/2004 1:16 PM
Looks like your application of BMW Method is paying off for you. This is a very good recommendation for the BMW Method. After getting a better understanding of it I am confident that it will work for me too.

Thanks hildy

Author: mklein9 Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Winner! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3134 of 41633
Subject: Re: mklein9 re BMW database Date: 11/13/2004 4:27 PM
That's right but clicking on SJT @BMW Method it shows "San Juan Basin Realty", which is an error as I am trying to indicate to you.

Oh, this is bizarre!! If you follow the link to MSN MoneyCentral's quotes page and type in SJT you get San Juan Basin Royalty Trust. But if you then go the charts page for the same symbol, it says San Juan Basin Realty! I get the data for the Screen from the charts pages.

So even within the MSN database the names are inconsistent.

-Mike (mklein9)

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement