Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: DocHathaway Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 30  
Subject: MMORPG without Monthly Fees Date: 10/17/2008 2:31 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Hello. I was wondering what the best MMORPG games there are without having to pay a monthly fee to play. I played Guild Wars, and while it is fine, it doesn't grab me. I also played 12 Sky, but it is too boring - click to kill, move on to next person, click to kill, move on to next person... you get the idea.
I loved Diablo II, and I am looking forward to Diablo III, but what is out there in the meantime?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: DocHathaway Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 25 of 30
Subject: Re: MMORPG without Monthly Fees Date: 3/4/2010 12:17 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
I found Evony, but if you don't find the right guild to join, your life will be miserable. Evony was great in that you didn't need to install software, it was a browser based game. But being open to being wiped out while you slept was not appealing to me.

That made me start to look for other games but one where when I am offline, I cannot be attacked/hurt/harmed in any way. I realize this has been a relatively dead board, but I am still hoping...

Author: MarcBrooks Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 26 of 30
Subject: Re: MMORPG without Monthly Fees Date: 3/4/2010 6:44 PM
Recommendations: 1
It's not an MMORPG, but if you like Diablo, you'll probably really like Torchlight. Definitely worth checking out.

Marc

Author: PinkPony13 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 27 of 30
Subject: Re: MMORPG without Monthly Fees Date: 7/25/2010 11:51 PM
There are definitely lots of MMORPGs out there. Ever tried MapleStory or Cabal?

-PP

Author: jerryab Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 28 of 30
Subject: Re: MMORPG without Monthly Fees Date: 8/1/2010 5:16 AM
Have played Diablo and D2/LOD (still playing after 9-10 yrs). Playable D3 in 2012-2013 (maybe).

Anarchy Online is totally free--but limited to level 200 (of 400). Limits what you can do, where you can go, gear, etc.

Monthly fee to get to higher levels (over level 200).

Author: PinkPony13 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 29 of 30
Subject: Re: MMORPG without Monthly Fees Date: 8/10/2010 11:06 PM
I just recently got into playing Perfect World games. There is no monthly fee and their games are kinda good.

-PP

Author: Kestrel2 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 30 of 30
Subject: Re: MMORPG without Monthly Fees Date: 12/29/2010 12:44 PM
There are quite a few heavyweight MMOs these days that have no monthly fee. The catch is that most of them give you the opportunity to spend money to buy things within the game. If you can resist this temptation, I recommend Dungeons and Dragons Online or Lord of the Rings Online. DDO in particular is a lot of fun and encourages group play.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement