No. of Recommendations: 0
I am implimenting a model portfolio from RYR. The fund recommended for emerging markets VEIEX is closed does anyone have a substitute??
Print the post Back To Top
It has re-opened, at least the last time I looked.

Hockeypop
Buy the ETF-the expense ratio is lower.

Also, EEM is available from iShares.

buzman
Veiex was still closed according to fidelity this pm. I have bought eem Many thanks
Fidelity may not let you buy Vanguard Mutual funds.

That was not a recommendation to buy EEM but only an alternative to VEIEX.

buzman
No. of Recommendations: 3
Veiex was still closed according to fidelity this pm. I have bought eem Many thanks

I know you made the decision but EEM is an ETF. Its internal cost per year is .74% according to M*, plus the transaction cost to purchase and eventually sell the ETF, a stock-like instrument. .74% is a bit high IMO.

VEIEX is a Vanguard mutual fund that is closed at Fidelity but open at Vanguard. VEIEX has an internal cost per year of .37% and costs nothing to add or withdraw money in the first time or over time if you receive reports electronically.

VWO is the equivalent ETF and could most probably be bought at Fidelity. It's internal cost per year is .25%, plus the transaction cost to purchase and eventually sell the ETF.

Hockeypop
No. of Recommendations: 2
Veiex was still closed according to fidelity this pm.

Buying Vanguard mutual funds through Fidelity is a waste of money. If you are interested in Vanguard funds, you should buy them directly through Vanguard.

VEIEX is definitely open to new investors at this time.

Acme
No. of Recommendations: 1
Maybe they just like Fidelity.

If they had all of their assets at Fidelity it would cost them to transfer plus the time and hassle.

buzman
Advertisement