UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: imdajunkman Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 35345  
Subject: Re: A Protest, and Thank You Date: 11/4/2006 2:26 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
'Mom,

Much thanks for your kind words.

Yes, we all love to have other people agree with our opinions. Humans are social beings, and shared ideas imply acceptance and community. But agreement teaches little, just as doesn't pointless or thoughtless disagreement, which isn't just a distraction. It is distructive.

But to see someone take an idea that you hadn't thought of, or that you disagree with, and for them to run with it? Now, that is fun to watch, and it is tremendously inspiring, because you say to yourself: "What if I borrowed that technique but applied it to...?"

Learning results from leveraging the ideas of others. And if you're looking for some new ideas, get a hold of Victor Canto's book on asset allocation. I just stumbled onto it in Barnes & Noble as I browsed the investing section. He has pushed theory the further step it needed to go. The book was published in March of this year and retails for $35.95. But used copies, and even some new ones --I just bought mine off of eBay-- go for as low as $6 something, which means either than the publisher over-estimated demand or that readers don't like the book. If the latter, they are wrong. The book is worth engaging, and at $6 bucks ($10 with shipping), buying it is a no-brainer. It will be a week or so before I get hold my copy, but it will be a subject of some posts that total revise the one I did one "Investing Benchmarks", plus give a solid direction to some other problems I've been struggling with.

Charlie

PS You just turned 60? That's so cute, as I just turned all of 63. LOL

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Medallion Financial: TAXI!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement