Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: sidhu3145 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 61  
Subject: Money magazine recommendations Date: 3/2/2000 1:09 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Fellas i am newbie(for DSS) doing research on Quantum DLT
Money magazine is recommending this stock. I would like to know what would u guys suggest..about the
long term performance of this company...and the stock valuation. What is the reason why this stock has gone down so much and is their any reeasons that it will go up soon.. any replies would be appreciated.. Thanks in advance...
Print the post Back To Top
Author: ANCFool One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 26 of 61
Subject: Re: Money magazine recommendations Date: 3/2/2000 2:12 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
I ran a PEG calculation on DSS not too long ago and this company's stock was fairly valued in this price range at that time. We currently own DSS shares and continue to add to our position. I don't want to presume what you already know about the company so forgive me if I repeat something of which you are already aware. In August of last year, Quantum separated its stock, dividing the tape storage (DSS) from the hard disk drive (HDD). Quantum is the inventor of DLT technology, of which there is a strong demand in the marketplace. As such, Quantum gets royalties from other companies selling/using DLT technology. This can be very profitable, as you can imagine. Tape (as opposed to Disk Drive) is a cheaper alternative to the every increasing problems of data storage, which is why it is so wildly popular. The potential, in my humble opinion, is superior. Disk drive storage has fallen out of favor and I think we'll see this stock (DSS) grow with its profits. I encourage you to research the numbers objectively and then factor in the more subjective potential. I think you'll agree we have a (currently) sleeping winner here.

Author: 2oversold Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 27 of 61
Subject: Re: Money magazine recommendations Date: 3/3/2000 3:30 AM
Quantum's DSS prospects... Geesh, I'm more than surprised that you've asked!!...

You've got true beginner's "luck"... if not wisdom in your choices, and in asking!!

Hang in there!!... The party only starts in the basement!!

Author: sidhu3145 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 28 of 61
Subject: Re: Money magazine recommendations Date: 3/3/2000 9:54 AM
Guys thanks for the suggestion. As i can see the stock has bottomed out and has no downturn risk.. I am going to load up with this stock some times soon. Just wating for it to hit around $10.. Good luck trading..

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement