No. of Recommendations: 1
Noticed this a few weeks ago, but did not get around to posting about it.

CUSIP is 637004AC6, 10 3/8%, callable december 28th at about 105 or make whole. Stock symbol for the company is DLLR

As I understood the news releases, financing is already secured to call these bonds.

Minimum of 5 are offerred on Etrade at about 105. (As I mentioned in a past post, I once bid for just one or two bonds when the offer was for a minimum quantity of 5 bonds, and my bid got filled immediatly).

I did not do any further looking into this bond or company. I did notice that they also have a convertible bond listed on Etrade, but I didn't look at the particulars.

There was an article in week end WSJ a while ago about mutual funds of bank loans. Supposedly they are shorter term, which gives better protection against rising interest rates, and give a higher return than treasury instruments. The article did not list any of these MFs.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement