UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: 11x Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 6364  
Subject: Re: trying to bring it back... Date: 3/1/2011 6:53 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Moneycentral MSN used to have it so that you could check quarterly financials going back a few years and see if quarterly numbers are improving or slowing down. Now, it seems everywhere only goes back 4 quarters so getting YOY quarterly comps is harder to do. Anybody know of a place that goes back further? Value Line goes back further but it isn't free!

LULU is another example of a stock that may fit Fab 15's profile.

Getting a good screen as well as useful, easy to find data off websites will help narrow this list down. For me, I have just used IBD in the past to find momentum-type stocks.
Here are the momentum type names I am following right now, APKT, ARUN, CRUS, and RVBD. Getting a screen for YOY quarterly comps growing at an increasingly high rate is probably the hardest part. I know of no such screen. However, this metric is the essence of momentum investing.

Here are the rules again:
http://boards.fool.com/new-faq-25192000.aspx

Revenues at 35% plus YOY should produce a small list nowadays, to get that number that's been accelerating over the last 3 quarters will probably produce a very small list.

The thing I think is missing from this screen is some sort of relative strength gauge. Couple the original requirements with a relative strength requirement, this is all out momentum investing. I'll continue to work on finding a website that makes this easier.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement