Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: PsychoDr Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1013  
Subject: Re: Quite here Date: 10/23/2012 11:57 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Monster is one of my longest positions and I am upbeat about it because of the potential international growth. They have eaten up market share every quarter for as long as I can remember. Their earnings growth is outstanding, even considering the cost of moving out into new markets, and they have a relatively simple business plan that is easy to follow and understand.

The legal stuff is not a significant concern to me. From everything I have read they buzz comes mostly from coffee. You don't see people suing starbucks after drinking too much coffee. I do not understand how they can be held liable for a drink with caffiene that is over-consumed. In fact, 24 ounces of monster energy drink has 480 mgs of caffeine, just 70mgs more than a Venti brewed coffee. The girl in question apparently had a genetic heart condition that contributed. Making monster liable because she drank 24 ounces of monster two days in a row does not sound reasonable. Any beverage she drank with high levels of caffeine could have resulted in the same outcome. While I am sorry for the parents' loss, I do not see the litigation going very far.

I remain long Monster and may start trading leaps.

Let me be clear, I am not a medical doctor and do not have any special training that would give my opinion any extra weight. The information I present can be easily found on the internet. Do your own research and make up your own mind.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Clorox Isn't Cleaning Up
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement