UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: jerrydean2 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 76418  
Subject: monthly auto investing Date: 2/2/2001 1:37 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Does anyone know of any investment companies that allow you to make monthly (automatic withdrawal) investments into a mutual fund to take advantage of dollar cost averaging? Basically the same thing as a 401k except I want to do this with my own IRA or taxable account. It seems like every brokerage firm I've looked into would require me to deposit my initial investment and subsequent investments by mailing checks and then purchasing funds each month. This is an inefficient, and for me, impractical way to invest monthly. I would appreciate any advice you guys could provide me.

JG
Print the post Back To Top
Author: jbking Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 27629 of 76418
Subject: Re: monthly auto investing Date: 2/2/2001 2:02 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Hmm... my mutual funds have automatic investment plans that use DCA.(I use Vanguard but I think most fund companies should have this by now somewhere on the application. T. Rowe Price calls it an automatic asset builder so it may be disguised in what they call it.) Similarly, if you want individual stocks look at buyandhold.com or sharebuilder.com.

JB

Author: jkrou Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 27658 of 76418
Subject: Re: monthly auto investing Date: 2/3/2001 12:11 PM
JerryDean,
I do exactly what you are talking about with T. Rowe Price for taxable accounts and a Roth IRA. Their minimum is $50/fund.

Jenn

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement