Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 34
She said: “Stop it. This is hard. You want to try it? Get in the ring,” she said. “This is hard and, you know, it’s an important thing that we’re doing right now and it’s an important election and it is time for all Americans to realize how significant this election is and how lucky we are to have someone with Mitt’s qualifications and experience and know-how to be able to have the opportunity to run this country.

People are focusing on the "Stop It" part, reasonably, because it is such a whine. But, the end is very very telling.

Presidents do not 'run' the country (read it as rule). Presidents lead, cajole, bluster and try to influence. But, they don't run the country.

Businessmen do run companies, though. And, there is the confusion.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 7
But, they don't run the country.

But they do run the campaign. And clearly he can't even do that. They're low on money, low on message, low on trust, absent on details.

How's that look, Mr. SuperCompetent CEO?
No. of Recommendations: 1
Presidents do not 'run' the country (read it as rule). Presidents lead, cajole, bluster and try to influence. But, they don't run the country.

What a great point! Unfortunately, a lot of people think they DO.

In a recent conversation, a woman I know said about President Obama:
He hasn't done ANYthing since he's been in office!

WOW....think about how out-of-touch this woman is. I can understand how people might hate Obama because of Obamacare. Or how they might not like the fact that he brought the troops home from Iraq. And so on....

But, PUL-EEZE, don't say he hasn't done anything.

IGNORANCE will always be with us. But it seems that the current Republican campaign is fueled by the stuff. Perhaps a good trouncing in November will set Republicans back on the right course.

Jack
No. of Recommendations: 1

I hope you answered "tell that to bin Laden...oh, wait...he's dead!"
No. of Recommendations: 2
In a recent conversation, a woman I know said about President Obama:

of course, they actually mean, <<he hasn't done any thing I agree with ..since ,by definition, anything he does is bad and BAD>>
No. of Recommendations: 0
But, the end is very very telling.

Indeed. The GOP lead recall of California's governor grey davis was partisan in the extreme - and very successful in its implementation. They figured out how to make everybody question the ability of davis to "run" california, and suggested that Arnold Schwarzenegger, with his great business success in movie production, would do a great job "running" things.

Poor Arnie never figured out how things worked outside of his special cigar smoking tent in Sacramento (but he looked great in the 'visit kahleeefornia' tv spots).

Mitt, with his 'i know how to do business' laissez faire attitude will hit the same wall.
No. of Recommendations: 3

This today is the basic difference between the Republican party and the Democratic Party.

The Republicans want to rule the nation.

The Democrats want to govern and lead it.

md
Advertisement