Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: RodimusPrime Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 40756  
Subject: more bacon... lower cholesterol! Date: 11/5/2012 4:29 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 4
Today I got my yearly numbers! Ok... so my cholesterol was down only somewhat, but I expected it to go UP by at least that much considering the amount of bacon, red meat, and egg yolks I've added to my diet over the last 6 months.

I am now fully convinced of the complete garbage that comes out of the TV pretending to be nutrition. Diet-wise, all I did was remove nearly all grains and replace them with even more vegetables, fat, and protein.

This is just one datapoint for me. Everyone is different.

--Rod
Print the post Back To Top
Author: ilmostro Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 38026 of 40756
Subject: Re: more bacon... lower cholesterol! Date: 11/9/2012 4:37 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Diet-wise, all I did was remove nearly all grains

Did you eliminate certain grains? Or simply reduce all grains to a small percentage of your calories?

Here is a good post by Mark Sisson that explains why a high fat diet is safe and healthy:
http://www.marksdailyapple.com/high-fat-diet-healthy-safe/

Bryan

Author: RodimusPrime Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 38041 of 40756
Subject: Re: more bacon... lower cholesterol! Date: 11/12/2012 4:08 PM
Recommendations: 0
Did you eliminate certain grains? Or simply reduce all grains to a small percentage of your calories?

Very small percentage. All of my planned meals and almost all of my out-to-eat meals were grain-free. Occasionally a cookie or tortilla or pizza slice would get around my discipline. But pretty much zero breads and rice did.

And thanks for the links. Lots of info there that I will be reading.

--Rod

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement