UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: alstroemeria Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1483  
Subject: More low-cost leisure activities Date: 3/11/2010 11:12 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
I'm sooo late to that thread, I thought I'd start a new one.

Speaking of classes & colleges, many colleges--especially public colleges--offer low-cost and free events ranging from student/faculty/guest recitals/theatre/opera and art exhibits, to movies, lectures, and just a pleasant place to hang out & people-watch or take a walk. (Just thought of college sports--I'm not into sports, but I suspect there may be a ticket charge to help support the teams. But it must be a lot cheaper than professional sports.)

I recently attended the local public college Japan Club's first movie night of the semester, to see one of the best anime ever made. My friend and I enjoyed the discussion following the movie as well as the movie itself. My husband and I recently attended the grand reopening of the college's expanded art center with a fabulous exhibit of a local reclusive artist's collages. All free! Even free snacks at both events.

I would never consider retiring far from a college with interesting, (cheap & free) events that are open to the public. A pretty campus is a plus--some of them have lovely landscaping, botanical gardens, and bike paths. Note that there are often cheap restaurants near a campus.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Medallion Financial: TAXI!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement