Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: rmhj Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 442357  
Subject: More Margaret & Helen Date: 10/4/2012 3:50 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 24
There's a new Margaret & Helen post up today, "Somebody Over In The Romney Campaign Decided To Go Ahead And Shake That Etch-A-Sketch":

http://margaretandhelen.com/2012/10/04/somebody-over-in-the-...

Well Margaret, once again I am going to say what the media won’t. Mitt Romney is a lying sack of sh-t and he wouldn’t know a middle class tax cut if it bit him in the middle of his gold plated -ss. Evidently the media seems to think that the person who slings the bullsh-t the farthest wins the debate. Well if that ain’t the damnest thing.

Who exactly was that man debating the President last night? Clearly somebody finally decided to shake the Etch A Sketch and now Romney is against lowering taxes for the wealthy. He’s also pro choice and for entitlement programs. But what the hell he has against Big Bird is beyond me.

rj
Print the post Back To Top
Author: goofnoff Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 410341 of 442357
Subject: Re: More Margaret & Helen Date: 10/4/2012 4:24 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
I promised I wasn't doing politics anymore. One more time. No one ever remembers waht was said in debates or on the stump, for that matter. The issue is all about appearances and style. Romney beat up the uppity you know what. It really didn't matter how he did it.

Author: AngelMay Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 410344 of 442357
Subject: Re: More Margaret & Helen Date: 10/4/2012 4:54 PM
Recommendations: 5
Romney beat up the uppity you know what. It really didn't matter how he did it.

-----------

It did to me.

AM

Author: flowerschild Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 410356 of 442357
Subject: Re: More Margaret & Helen Date: 10/4/2012 8:15 PM
Recommendations: 8
It did to me

AM

Me too. I saw another rich, entitled white man controlling the conversation and the participants, with no respect for the moderator, his opponent, or the rules of the debate.

Another example of a bully talking over people, as if what he says the most important thing in the world. Clearly he's behaved this boorishly before, and it worked for him then.

I can't imagine his style went over with women very well- another loudmouth at a board meeting.

Not to mention the crazy lying he did out there- probably the same style he's used when convincing people that they won't get laid off if his company takes theirs over.

flowerschild

Author: DrBob2 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 410358 of 442357
Subject: Re: More Margaret & Helen Date: 10/4/2012 8:40 PM
Recommendations: 0
...no respect for the moderator, his opponent, or the rules of the debate.
Another example of a bully talking over people...

And, as it was, Obama talked for 53 minutes versus Romney's 47. If Romney hadn't tried to get his equal time then perhaps it would have been 60-40. The rules of the debate called for equal time.

DB2

Author: flowerschild Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 410360 of 442357
Subject: Re: More Margaret & Helen Date: 10/4/2012 8:53 PM
Recommendations: 33
Please. President Obama talked markedly slower and took more pauses than Romney- that equal time thing is unimportant overall.

My point was about how Romney was perceived in this debate; by raising his voice over and interrupting the moderator on numerous occasions- so obnoxiously that the moderator became confused at times-- Romney bullied his way through the debate.

I posited that this was a technique that he has used before and that it has worked well for him in the past in his business dealings.

And I don't think that technique goes over well with women, especially those who frequently deal with those types of bullying, entitled white guys in business.

flowerschild

Author: Beridian Big red star, 1000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 410450 of 442357
Subject: Re: More Margaret & Helen Date: 10/5/2012 5:33 PM
Recommendations: 23
Why do Libs always complain about presidential wealth when nearly every president we've ever had--Republican and DemoCRAP--has been fabulously wealthy? John Kennedy makes Mitt Romney look like a piker.

Well, for starters John Kennedy (and most of the Kennedy family) were gracious about their wealth. They taught their children that the privileged have a duty to the poor. The Kennedy's that were elected to office championed policies to help the poor.

Romney, on the other hand, feels that the poor are leeches and should take responsibility for their lives. He also made most of his money as a vulture capitalist gutting American companies and sending jobs overseas.

Also FWIW, Clinton did not acquire the vast majority of his wealth until after he left office. I haven't read the entire article that you cited but I suspect that this would be true of many of the our former Presidents.

Author: hrse Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 410470 of 442357
Subject: Re: More Margaret & Helen Date: 10/5/2012 7:22 PM
Recommendations: 1
Why do Libs always complain about presidential wealth

You are confusing complaining about him being an a$$ with complaining about him being wealthy.

Just because you see being wealthy equal with being rude, does not mean that everyone else does.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement