Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: gman1919 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 19222  
Subject: More Moms Date: 1/3/2000 3:32 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Having been a fool for over 3 months, I have now been
placed in charge of my mothers $100,000. that has lost
about 15-20% in principal over the last 15 months but pays roughly 5-8% in dividends that she needs to pay bills with. I cannot seem to find a fool folio that will deliver this type of returns. However, I think that by splitting the folio between growth & income stocks it will balance out and preserve eroding principal.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TwoCybers Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1280 of 19222
Subject: Re: More Moms Date: 1/3/2000 4:04 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
There are several things that should interest you in the retirement planning folder of the Motley Fool. I would direct you toward the Retire Early section. In these area they have suggestions about where to place money and the percentages in say stocks (or index funds), bonds & cash/CDs.

Author: mdorsey One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1293 of 19222
Subject: Re: More Moms Date: 1/3/2000 8:55 PM
If these are bond funds that Mom has, yes the NAV of bond funds has fallen

Author: chinobe Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1998 of 19222
Subject: Re: More Moms Date: 2/5/2000 6:34 PM
There are several excellent REITs that not only would give you better dividend returns, but would offer good appreciation over the next few months/years.
Suggest New Plan Excel (NXL), Crescent (Cei), and U.S. Restaurant Prop. (USV) to look into.
I have both my Mom & grandkids into these three, with NXL perhaps being the best quality of the three.
Good luck.
Bob

Author: DHatch Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2001 of 19222
Subject: Re: More Moms Date: 2/6/2000 1:00 PM
chinobe Date: 2/5/00 6:34 PM Number: 1998
------------------------------------------------

<<There are several excellent REITs that not only would give you better dividend returns, but would offer good appreciation over the next few months/years.>>

Boy, oh Boy, oh Boy!

Have you ever been sold a real bill of goods!

DHatch

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement