Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
Not surprisingly, it's more beneficial to eat fish high in omega-3 several times a week than it is to take omega-3 supplements.
http://www.bmj.com/content/345/bmj.e6698?tab=responses

According to a blurb in the NYTimes about this review, "eating 2 to 4 servings of fish a week reduced stroke risk by 6% compared with eating one serving or less and having 5 servings a week reduced the risk by 12%. But the result of randomized trials that had use omega-3 supplements showed no significant effect on risk."

Now, I love fish and eat it for dinner at least once a week and for lunch one or twice. But I rarely have it 5 times a week.

I know that omega-3 has other benefits so I will continue to take my "Complete Omega 3-6-9" as well as eat fish high in omega-3.

Christina
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement