UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: telegraph Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 746008  
Subject: More reasons to not travel to France Date: 9/6/2013 9:17 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Are testicle-biting fish headed for BRITAIN? Now relative of piranha is found in Paris' River Seine

The Pacu could come to UK after being discovered in Western Europe
A fisherman in Paris reeled in the frightening-looking fish last week
The Pacu is of Brazilian origin and is related to the fearsome piranha
Sometimes owners of exotic aquariums dumped them in nearby rivers

- - -
Well, it's not just the forecasted plunge in temperature that might make it a bad idea - a piranha-like fish known for biting and eating testicles may be on its way to Britain.

The Pacu, known as 'The Nut Cracker' and 'The Ball-Cutter', was recently discovered in the Seine river in Paris.

The nightmarish beast is usually found the Amazon, can grow to up to 90cm and grow to 25kg

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2413055/The-Pacu-Are...
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

t
Print the post Back To Top
Author: ResN Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 695802 of 746008
Subject: Re: More reasons to not travel to France Date: 9/6/2013 9:18 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Finally, a scientific explanation for why the French don't have any balls.

Author: Art53 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 695808 of 746008
Subject: Re: More reasons to not travel to France Date: 9/6/2013 9:30 AM
"The Pacu could come to UK after being discovered in Western Europe
A fisherman in Paris reeled in the frightening-looking fish last week
The Pacu is of Brazilian origin and is related to the fearsome piranha
Sometimes owners of exotic aquariums dumped them in nearby rivers."

I doubt they could survive the freezing cold temperatures of Northern Europe. They are a tropical species from South America and have not evolutionairly evolved to survive in cold water.

By the way Pacu are delicious. I raised a couple and ended up eating them when they got too big for the aquarium. They grow fast.

Art

Author: CCinOC Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 695863 of 746008
Subject: Re: More reasons to not travel to France Date: 9/6/2013 1:00 PM
Recommendations: 2
Comment on the blog: They [Pacu] are bound to starve to death in France.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement