UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (27) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: bufftrainer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1972003  
Subject: More Ryan EPA/Stimulus Involvement Date: 10/13/2012 6:39 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 42
A Freedom of Information Act request for correspondence between Ryan's office and the Environmental Protection Agency, filed by The Huffington Post, unearthed two additional instances in which the Wisconsin Republican petitioned for American Recovery Act funds. In addition, there were many other occasions in which the GOP vice presidential nominee asked the EPA for grant money for projects in Wisconsin's 1st District, which encompasses Ryan's hometown of Janesville and has a slight Democratic lean. Combined, the letters muddy Ryan's claim that the stimulus wasn't helpful and that government spending, more broadly, doesn't assist small businesses.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/12/paul-ryan-stimulus-...

People voting for these clowns have no idea what they're voting for.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: AngelMay Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1824174 of 1972003
Subject: Re: More Ryan EPA/Stimulus Involvement Date: 10/13/2012 10:09 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Wondering here....
Where are all his supporters making excuses for this?

AM

Author: NemesisToLibs Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1824191 of 1972003
Subject: Re: More Ryan EPA/Stimulus Involvement Date: 10/13/2012 11:38 AM
Recommendations: 3
I don't see anything wrong with it even it if he voted against it. It is his responsibility to his constituents. This is just another flawed argument in the same line as conservatives receiving government benefits.

Author: LurkerMom Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1824194 of 1972003
Subject: Re: More Ryan EPA/Stimulus Involvement Date: 10/13/2012 11:51 AM
Wondering here....

AM

Sorry, I haven't seen anything about it in the news till now. The news is dominated with reports on Biden's $20,000 dentures and the prez Benghazi scandal.
Lucky Wisconsin though for getting a return on the tax dollars Wisconsinites have paid into. Good job Paul Ryan.

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1824215 of 1972003
Subject: Re: More Ryan EPA/Stimulus Involvement Date: 10/13/2012 12:50 PM
Recommendations: 1
I don't see anything wrong with it even it if he voted against it. It is his responsibility to his constituents. This is just another flawed argument in the same line as conservatives receiving government benefits.

I have a hard time believing they do not know better, and are simply FOS
That is why I have such a hard time mustering even a little respect for the lot of them

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1824216 of 1972003
Subject: Re: More Ryan EPA/Stimulus Involvement Date: 10/13/2012 12:53 PM

Wondering here....

AM

Again, no reflection on the poster, but this line of reasoning is simply as dumb as a bag of rocks.

Once the money is going to be spent, not getting some is being a moron

You do not take moral stands when you are dealing with omeone else's money

Unless you are amoral, aka a Democrat

Author: TheDope1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1824221 of 1972003
Subject: Re: More Ryan EPA/Stimulus Involvement Date: 10/13/2012 12:58 PM
Reading their posts, you have to wonder, was Hitler's headquarters in Berlin ca. May, 1945 like this? Lots of desperate shrieking, making up stuff? One wonders.

Author: kenm47 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1824222 of 1972003
Subject: Re: More Ryan EPA/Stimulus Involvement Date: 10/13/2012 12:59 PM
"Reading their posts, you have to wonder, was Hitler's headquarters in Berlin ca. May, 1945 like this? Lots of desperate shrieking, making up stuff? One wonders."

I don't think it's right to compare Romney to Hitler, Mr Goodwin.

Ken

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1824224 of 1972003
Subject: Re: More Ryan EPA/Stimulus Involvement Date: 10/13/2012 1:00 PM
Reading their posts, you have to wonder, was Hitler's headquarters in Berlin ca. May, 1945 like this? Lots of desperate shrieking, making up stuff? One wonders.

Tough call

I do know that years earlier they ahd grand similarities in belief in the theory of the big lie

Author: kenm47 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1824225 of 1972003
Subject: Re: More Ryan EPA/Stimulus Involvement Date: 10/13/2012 1:00 PM
OCD: Darn! "Godwin" not "Goodwin"

Ken

Author: AngelMay Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1824231 of 1972003
Subject: Re: More Ryan EPA/Stimulus Involvement Date: 10/13/2012 1:02 PM
Recommendations: 30

My god.
And you are allowed to vote?
We're doomed.

AM

Author: NemesisToLibs Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1824233 of 1972003
Subject: Re: More Ryan EPA/Stimulus Involvement Date: 10/13/2012 1:04 PM
"My god.
We're doomed.
"

Now you are being obtuse. You seriously don't debate with your friends like this? They would have a hard time controlling their laughing at you!

Author: 0x6a74 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1824252 of 1972003
Subject: Re: More Ryan EPA/Stimulus Involvement Date: 10/13/2012 1:18 PM

no Need-to-Know....

they know what they're voting against.

Author: crassfool Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1824256 of 1972003
Subject: Re: More Ryan EPA/Stimulus Involvement Date: 10/13/2012 1:46 PM
Recommendations: 2
lowstudent says

You do not take moral stands when you are dealing with omeone else's money

I love you, so I'll help you re-spell that:

You do not take moral stands when you can get your hands on taxpayers' money and send it to your constituents so they will vote for you.

Author: NemesisToLibs Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1824260 of 1972003
Subject: Re: More Ryan EPA/Stimulus Involvement Date: 10/13/2012 2:03 PM
"You do not take moral stands when you can get your hands on taxpayers' money and send it to your constituents so they will vote for you. "

WRONG! LOL libs are embarrassing themselves at every turn today. Wonder, is it a full moon?

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1824262 of 1972003
Subject: Re: More Ryan EPA/Stimulus Involvement Date: 10/13/2012 2:09 PM
"You do not take moral stands when you can get your hands on taxpayers' money and send it to your constituents so they will vote for you. "

WRONG! LOL libs are embarrassing themselves at every turn today. Wonder, is it a full moon?

The depth of the ignorance is simply awe inspiring.

I would explain it again, but it is much like trying to teach a pig to sing.

Author: jwiest Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1824290 of 1972003
Subject: Re: More Ryan EPA/Stimulus Involvement Date: 10/13/2012 3:15 PM
Recommendations: 7
Combined, the letters muddy Ryan's claim that the stimulus wasn't helpful and that government spending, more broadly, doesn't assist small businesses.

This is why journalism today is such a failure. "Muddy Ryan's claims"? Destroy them, actually. We have Republicans all over the country, not just Ryan, denying that the stimulus would work, then begging for money because they know it will work.

They know their policy is a scam. Tax cuts and trickle down don't work unless it's heavily subsidized with deficit spending...in other words, it doesn't work. Keynesian policies do work.

The Republican leadership knows all this otherwise they wouldn't be begging for it when it's available, but they have convinced half the country of the opposite. Isn't that treason? If there was any journalistic integrity left, they wouldn't be using weasel words like "muddy Ryan's claims", as if his claims ever had any smidgen of veracity.

Author: jerryab Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1824300 of 1972003
Subject: Re: More Ryan EPA/Stimulus Involvement Date: 10/13/2012 4:08 PM
I would explain it again, but it is much like trying to teach a pig to sing.

You are so far off-key they ran out of ear plugs for your pigs.

Author: Jeanwa Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1824351 of 1972003
Subject: Re: More Ryan EPA/Stimulus Involvement Date: 10/13/2012 7:58 PM
==============================

My god.
We're doomed.

AM

==================================

You have to realize that the "Once the money is going to be spent, not getting some is being a moron" does not apply to Food Stamps, EITC, Child care credit, unemployment....you know those things "moochers" need.

Jean

Author: notehound Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1824365 of 1972003
Subject: Re: More Ryan EPA/Stimulus Involvement Date: 10/13/2012 9:24 PM
"Once the money is going to be spent, not getting some is being a moron" does not apply to Food Stamps, EITC, Child care credit, unemployment....you know those things "moochers" need.

Jean,

I have to admit your point is 100% correct. Regardless of whether a person agrees or disagrees with a particular expenditure or program, it would be dumb on the part of that person not to take advantage of the program once our elected representatives in Washington, D.C. have decided to make it available. That's why I think people should take advantage of whatever programs they qualify for. Nobody who legitimately qualifies and applies for a program should be called a "moocher."

If the qualifications are too loose, enabling too many people to qualify for a program, our elected representatives in Washington, D.C. have the power to restrict the qualifications (like Clinton and Gingrich did with the welfare-to-work requirements of the 1990's).

Our country and our government are seriously screwed up and I really don't see any good outcome in the long run. In a perfect world, Ron Paul would be president.

As it is, having voted for Obama the last time and seeing too few jobs, I intend to vote for Romney because I sincerely believe that if he were elected, more companies would hire, more entrepreneurs would start businesses and more people would have jobs.

Would things be good under Romney? No. But they haven't been good under Obama, either.

Author: Jeanwa Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1824393 of 1972003
Subject: Re: More Ryan EPA/Stimulus Involvement Date: 10/13/2012 11:39 PM
If the qualifications are too loose, enabling too many people to qualify for a program, our elected representatives in Washington, D.C. have the power to restrict the qualifications (like Clinton and Gingrich did with the welfare-to-work requirements of the 1990's).

=====================================

Exactly!

I agree that things have not been good under Obama. I didn't like the unemployment extension being so long or the reduction of FICA, but those were bipartisan, IIRC

Romney is to "up in the air" for me, though.

And his and Ryan's views on abortion and birth control are just too far away from my views. Ryan's statement about judges shouldn't be making that decision (overturn Roe vs Wade), clinched it for me. I'm pretty sure they want a "life begins at conception" law.

Author: salaryguru Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1824428 of 1972003
Subject: Re: More Ryan EPA/Stimulus Involvement Date: 10/14/2012 8:28 AM

Anyone who is not a billionaire and chooses to vote for a GOP candidate for a national office is naive, stupid or both.

State or local candidates can be a different story, but nationally, non-billionaire Republicans are really avoiding the current reality.

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1824431 of 1972003
Subject: Re: More Ryan EPA/Stimulus Involvement Date: 10/14/2012 8:55 AM
Anyone who is not a billionaire and chooses to vote for a GOP candidate for a national office is naive, stupid or both.

State or local candidates can be a different story, but nationally, non-billionaire Republicans are really avoiding the current reality.

Because the Tragedy of the Commons is one of the monstrous number of wisdoms the left feels is totally inapplicable when it comes the them wanting things.

Author: Theobald64 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1824448 of 1972003
Subject: Re: More Ryan EPA/Stimulus Involvement Date: 10/14/2012 11:19 AM

Well, insulting the electorate, along with screaming "liar" to any and everyone who disagrees with you is a strategy. Time will tell if it is a sound one.

Author: ramsfanray Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1824451 of 1972003
Subject: Re: More Ryan EPA/Stimulus Involvement Date: 10/14/2012 11:29 AM
Well, insulting the electorate, along with screaming "liar" to any and everyone who disagrees with you is a strategy. Time will tell if it is a sound one.

It appears to have a 50% success rate.

Author: notehound Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1824579 of 1972003
Subject: Re: More Ryan EPA/Stimulus Involvement Date: 10/14/2012 9:14 PM
<...I'm pretty sure they want a "life begins at conception" law...>

It'll never happen, no matter what Ryan says.

Ryan and his views are on display for the sole purpose of placating the anti-abortionists and the Tea Partiers.

Romney isn't anti-abortion (except when addressing an anti-abortion audience). Kind of like Obama isn't anti-Wall street bankers except when addressing certain crowds. He's given Wall St. Banks a free pass.

Ryan wouldn't be in charge. A VP goes to funerals and heads up meaning less task forces (like Biden's Middle Class task force).

No way would Romney or any other president get an anti-abortion Supreme Ctourt nominee through the confirmation process.

Romney cares about business and jobs and that's what he would emphasize. His only real pro-life actions in the past have been related to sympathy for the sick babies of his own church members and helping out with their individual medical bills.

Abortion is a moral issue for the most part - and a matter of personal conscience - not politics. A Mormon is the last person who would be likely to intentionally politicise a moral/religious issue.

Except if it gets him through the primary process, of course. Which it did.

Ryan can do less damage as a VP than he can do as the head of a powerful House Committee (like budget), anyway. Making him VP would eff

Author: notehound Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1824580 of 1972003
Subject: Re: More Ryan EPA/Stimulus Involvement Date: 10/14/2012 9:19 PM
... making Ryan VP would effectively neuter him except as a tool of Romney to keep the Tea Party Congressmembers from impeding Romney's bipartisan efforts to grow jobs and promote US business.

Obama neutered Hillary the same way and made her his tool.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (27) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement