UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (22) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: eatenbybears Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1950699  
Subject: More Tax payments for the 49% Date: 9/30/2012 5:37 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Once the Bush tax cuts expire

Just the Child tax credit expiration will pry money from those tight fisted do nothings

That frick'n Bush should have made them perminant!

What is the 49% to do?

Bears
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TheDope1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1819636 of 1950699
Subject: Re: More Tax payments for the 49% Date: 9/30/2012 5:41 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
Left wingers pray for the day when they have a 51% voting block of folks whi depend on the government. That's the day they win the ballgame. Of course, the country will be toast, but they don't care about that.

Author: Jeanwa Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1819639 of 1950699
Subject: Re: More Tax payments for the 49% Date: 9/30/2012 5:46 PM
Recommendations: 28
Left wingers pray for the day when they have a 51% voting block of folks whi depend on the government. That's the day they win the ballgame. Of course, the country will be toast, but they don't care about that.
===========================

With that logic they should be voting for Romney. That 20% across the board cut in taxes is going to make more 0%'ers.

Author: Rightime Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1819642 of 1950699
Subject: Re: More Tax payments for the 49% Date: 9/30/2012 6:06 PM
Recommendations: 1

Just the Child tax credit expiration will pry money from those tight fisted do nothings

Explain how much a family of four with a household income of $47,000 you expect to pay in Federal Income Tax, and how much overall will it contribute?

Author: N56629 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1819645 of 1950699
Subject: Re: More Tax payments for the 49% Date: 9/30/2012 6:22 PM
"Of course, the country will be toast, but they don't care about that."

The world came closer to becoming toast, than any time in history, under Republican rule.

Author: eatenbybears Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1819662 of 1950699
Subject: Re: More Tax payments for the 49% Date: 9/30/2012 7:31 PM
Recommendations: 3
Explain how much a family of four with a household income of $47,000 you expect to pay in Federal Income Tax, and how much overall will it contribute?

That is not my call .... put them at 35% and I dont believe it will turn the fiscal disaster we are facing.

I guess that is what frustrates me. ...."Vote Obama" .... what difference does it make? The man ran us deeper into debt, created a stimulous plan that was more costly than the Iraq war and pushed through a health care plan before it was even written.

Romney .... he cant do any better ... the debt is to great, the unfunded programs are to great, the aged population is to great, the cost of healthcare is to great and past promises were to great.

We have crossed a line in the financial sand ....... you cant raise enough taxes to cover the expanding costs.

Consider how many tax payers it takes to create $1/2 a trillion dollars. Now, just take their contributions off the usable revenue list. Their contribution will go to paying the interest on the National Debt next year .... only for that ... and for that, we get nothing ... no jobs, no programs, no food ... no nothing

So how much should a person with a household income of $47,000 pay in taxes? Dont matter ... the question should be how much will he be required to pay .... dont believe it ... look at Spain, look at Greece, look at Eastern Europe .... and they are still not paying "enough" over there.

Bears

Author: crassfool Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1819731 of 1950699
Subject: Re: More Tax payments for the 49% Date: 10/1/2012 1:50 AM
bears says

I guess that is what frustrates me. ...."Vote Obama" .... what difference does it make?

Please don't vote. It would be a waste of your time.

Author: MetroChick Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1819806 of 1950699
Subject: Re: More Tax payments for the 49% Date: 10/1/2012 11:34 AM
Explain how much a family of four with a household income of $47,000 you expect to pay in Federal Income Tax

Why shouldn't a family of 4 with a household income of $47,000 pay the same Federal Income tax that they did before GWB was president?

IMO the Bush tax cuts should be repealed for all.

how much overall will it contribute

That depends on Federal spending, which also needs to be curtailed.

Author: MotleyFooley Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1819834 of 1950699
Subject: Re: More Tax payments for the 49% Date: 10/1/2012 1:06 PM
Recommendations: 2
eatenbybears: ""Vote Obama" .... what difference does it make? The man ran us deeper into debt, created a stimulous plan that was more costly than the Iraq war and pushed through a health care plan before it was even written."

Do you seriously believe that, had Obama inherited the economy that Bush inherited that he would have made the same decisions about the debt and the stimulus? That he would have run up the deficit anyway?

What was happening in the US and around the world at that time? If the US government did nothing the ENTIRE financial world would have come to a screeching halt. Would that have been better, from a fiscal and economic perspective? In addition, 1/3 of the stimulus were payroll tax reductions - giving more back to people to spend on... whatever... to help the economy from collapsing. Would you rather have had the US government keep those funds so that the deficits we now show would be a smidge smaller?

Obama could not win - he's blamed for the actions he took, and he'd be blamed for NOT taking action a la Hoover if he hadn't done anything.

MotleyFooley

Author: JoelCairo Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1819839 of 1950699
Subject: Re: More Tax payments for the 49% Date: 10/1/2012 1:34 PM

We middle-of-the-roaders and slight liberals know that, in truth, at least 80-90% of the population are, or have been, or will be, in the portion of our population that Romney resentfully and with malice accuses of not taking responsibility and of thinking they are ENTITLED!! to help.

That's why you true believers in this nonsense are going to lose, over and over and over.

But then, as Clinton pointed out,none of the GOP economic message is about math, anymore than their social and educational and environmental messaging is about science, or any of their messaging is about morality.

Author: eatenbybears Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1819845 of 1950699
Subject: Re: More Tax payments for the 49% Date: 10/1/2012 1:42 PM
But then, as Clinton pointed out,none of the GOP economic message is about math, anymore than their social and educational and environmental messaging is about science, or any of their messaging is about morality.

THE MATH

Most who are reaching retirement age feel they are ENTITLED to SS and Medicare (me too)

SS and Medicare are broke

Most who are retiring cannot live without SS and Medicare

Most who are in their 30's and 40's are not saving enough for retirement

Those who are in their 30's and 40's are the ones who will be required to pay more into SS and Medicare to support it

That means they have less to save

Total that math up ......

We are screwed

Bears

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1819846 of 1950699
Subject: Re: More Tax payments for the 49% Date: 10/1/2012 1:43 PM
Obama could not win - he's blamed for the actions he took, and he'd be blamed for NOT taking action a la Hoover if he hadn't done anything.

MotleyFooley

And therein lay the lie that is Obama and the same lie that Obama tells.

There were other paths beside utterly disastrous and doing nothing.

Apparently Obama supporters are convinced there are only 2 choices. Seems rather stupid, but his supporters r ll they still support him and believe what he says even though he is not a serious Person let alone President.

Just because Obama says this does not make it true. Fact is because Obama says it. there is reason to doubt it. He has not shown himself to be good either at acting, telling the truth, forecasting speculating, spending well, foreign policy or any aspect of being a leader.

But I expect little else from someone who believe that Bush ran his re-election largely on the fact that he inherited a bad economy from Carter. Reality does not seem to influence your opinion.

Author: JoelCairo Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1819890 of 1950699
Subject: Re: More Tax payments for the 49% Date: 10/1/2012 3:31 PM
We are screwed

And the Romney-Ryan response: cut the chord and rely on the wealthy to let enough trickle down to fix it.

Author: eatenbybears Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1819893 of 1950699
Subject: Re: More Tax payments for the 49% Date: 10/1/2012 3:34 PM
And the Romney-Ryan response: cut the chord and rely on the wealthy to let enough trickle down to fix it.

Have posted it many times before

Dont matter, Obama or Romney ... nobody wins

To late

We are screwed

Bears

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1819895 of 1950699
Subject: Re: More Tax payments for the 49% Date: 10/1/2012 3:44 PM

And the Obama response cut the rich and rely on their blood to trickly down and fix it.

IF you want asinine clips that really say nothing I can do that better than you as well.

Author: MetroChick Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1819915 of 1950699
Subject: Re: More Tax payments for the 49% Date: 10/1/2012 4:31 PM
Most who are in their 30's and 40's are not saving enough for retirement

No, but they're certainly spending enough to make companies like Apple very rich.

We are screwed because the choices are either:
A - everyone give a little more and get a little less
B - find someone to soak - whether that's the rich or whether you wait and royaly screw over the younger generations while using up all the resources now (included US credit)
C - do nothing

Author: JoelCairo Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820066 of 1950699
Subject: Re: More Tax payments for the 49% Date: 10/2/2012 9:49 AM
IF you want asinine clips that really say nothing I can do that better than you as well.

That's not news to anyone around here, low.

And the Obama response cut the rich and rely on their blood to trickly down and fix it.

Are you missing the irony gene?

Author: MotleyFooley Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820572 of 1950699
Subject: Re: More Tax payments for the 49% Date: 10/3/2012 1:40 PM
Recommendations: 45
lowstudent: "And therein lay the lie that is Obama and the same lie that Obama tells.

There were other paths beside utterly disastrous and doing nothing."

Talk about a lie.

First, I never said that there weren't a continuum of choices that were possible. There are more than two choices, as well as the differences in degree at which you pursue the choice (i.e., how big or small any government action could or should be).

Second, what Obama economic policy or decision can you definitively point to that was "utterly disastrous"? At the very most, you can say that the actions taken by Obama were not effective ENOUGH, did not produce ENOUGH job growth. How is it a disaster that the US added over 150,000 jobs last month? Do you even know what a "disaster" actually means?

Here's a hint - a disaster would be LOSING 800,000 jobs a month, like when Obama took office. There have been about 3 YEARS worth of consecutive monthly job gains during Obama's presidency. Has it been ENOUGH? No. An "utter disaster"?? Hardly.

MotleyFooley

Author: nigelwhalmsley Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820594 of 1950699
Subject: Re: More Tax payments for the 49% Date: 10/3/2012 2:18 PM
Recommendations: 5
"Here's a hint - a disaster would be LOSING 800,000 jobs a month, like when Obama took office. There have been about 3 YEARS worth of consecutive monthly job gains during Obama's presidency."

Something that many on the GOP side apparently consider a 'failure'. Bu they were ok with losing 800,000 jobs a month, because their doofus in chief was prez.

Strange thinking.

Author: tgrshark13 Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820772 of 1950699
Subject: Re: More Tax payments for the 49% Date: 10/3/2012 10:31 PM

The big Republican lie. And no, just because you repeat it every day doesn't make it the truth.

Author: eatenbybears Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820786 of 1950699
Subject: Re: More Tax payments for the 49% Date: 10/3/2012 10:43 PM

The big Republican lie. And no, just because you repeat it every day doesn't make it the truth.

How could you not understand that it is the job of the federal gtovernment, at the end of every fiscal year, to empty out every cookie jar anb bank account in the government and replace the cash with Notes ... IOUs .... paper

Bears

Author: crassfool Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820873 of 1950699
Subject: Re: More Tax payments for the 49% Date: 10/4/2012 1:05 AM
Bears says

No, that's a persistent untruth. If the United States Government were a family budget, that might be true, but in fact the U.S. Government is something else.

We are screwed

Only if we desire it as passionately as you do.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (22) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement