Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Canesman Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121061  
Subject: More wash sale Date: 9/17/1998 8:10 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Regarding the 30 days rule. Is it 30 trading days or calendar days?

CanesMan
Print the post Back To Top
Author: DowDanny Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 5372 of 121061
Subject: Re: More wash sale Date: 9/17/1998 12:34 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
>> Regarding the 30 days rule. Is it 30 trading days or calendar days? <<

It is +/- 30 calendar days. Consider that one minor non-complication that makes the IRS' job easier.

-DD

Author: TMFTaxes Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 5374 of 121061
Subject: Re: More wash sale Date: 9/17/1998 8:25 PM
[[Regarding the 30 days rule. Is it 30 trading days or calendar days?]]

As DowDanny points out, we're dealing with calendar days here.

TMF Taxes
Roy

Author: rjm1 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 5402 of 121061
Subject: Re: More wash sale Date: 9/20/1998 1:55 PM
Regarding the 30 days rule. Is it 30 trading days or calendar days?

Don't forget to start counting the day after/before your trade date.

Author: TMFTaxes Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 5423 of 121061
Subject: Re: More wash sale Date: 9/22/1998 12:29 AM
[[Regarding the 30 days rule. Is it 30 trading days or calendar days?

Don't forget to start counting the day after/before your trade date.]]

This is an excellent point...and one that should be stressed.

TMF Taxes
Roy

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement