Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: jclick Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121565  
Subject: Mortgage Interest Date: 1/30/2000 8:00 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I've always been in a situation where I use the 1040EZ tax form when filing my taxes. This year the only difference I have is I have been paying a mortgage and can deduct the mortgage interest. Should I now be using a professional tax preparer or is this still a simple paperwork process? What forms would I need? Thanks for your help.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: hghcpa Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 26358 of 121565
Subject: Re: Mortgage Interest Date: 1/30/2000 8:59 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
I've always been in a situation where I use the 1040EZ tax form when filing my taxes. This year the only difference I have is I have been paying a mortgage and can deduct the mortgage interest. Should I now be using a professional tax preparer or is this still a simple paperwork process? What forms would I need? Thanks for your help
============
You will need to use form 1040 rather than 1040ez

You will also need to complete schedule A to report the mortgage interest and your other personal deductions, taxes, donations,etc

PS

I SMELL A REFUND !!!!!!

Pete

Author: JABoa Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 26365 of 121565
Subject: Re: Mortgage Interest Date: 1/30/2000 10:56 AM
Just to add a bit to what Pete says, the Form 1040 is still easy to prepare, and almost certainly, you do not have to pay anybody to fill it out for you. Maybe it will take a Sunday morning to do it for the first time (it's a lot less time if you've done it before), but you can sip on your coffee and munch a chocolate croissant, and save $200 that you would pay the tax preparer.

If you have not been sent a Form 1040, you should be able to pick one up at your local public library, or Post Office, or Federal building if you've got one. Or, you can request forms from the IRS: www.irs.ustreas.gov. These can be downloaded but I think the mail is better.

Author: SheffieldCourt Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 26583 of 121565
Subject: Re: Mortgage Interest Date: 2/1/2000 9:07 AM
I've always been in a situation where I use the 1040EZ tax form when filing my taxes. This year the only difference I have is I have been paying a mortgage and can deduct the mortgage interest. Should I now be using a professional tax preparer or is this still a simple paperwork process? What forms would I need? Thanks for your help.

Another option would be to find yourself a copy of TurboTax or TaxCut - they both walk you through the process and you can even file electronically...for a quicker refund!

NeilW

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement