UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: mbpohlman Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 129088  
Subject: Mortgage interest deduction Date: 1/18/2004 2:00 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I bought my first home at the end of Aug. 2003. When comparing the standard deduction for my wife and me to the total of my itemized deductions (including mortgage interest) it's pretty much a break even. One of my co-workers had told me that I can defer this interest deduction until next year (basically claiming 16 months of interest deduction in 2004) and that this has to do with the fact that I'm a first time homeowner - however, this doesn't sound right to me. Please let me know whether or not I can defer this interest deduction.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: SaveFarscape Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 44788 of 129088
Subject: Re: Mortgage interest deduction Date: 1/18/2004 4:03 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
I have no idea as to your question, but you might try asking on the tax board for more help:
http://boards.fool.com/Messages.asp?bid=100155

Author: Nathar Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 44809 of 129088
Subject: Re: Mortgage interest deduction Date: 1/18/2004 10:41 PM
Recommendations: 0
Sounds like bad tax advice to me.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement