No. of Recommendations: 0
Most brokerage firms, mutual fund companies, banks, insurance companies, and credit unions offer Roth IRA accounts.

If you are looking for mutual funds, a mutual fund company is usually a good place to begin. An S&P Index fund at a company such as Vanguard is a good starting point.

Brokerage firms offer self directed IRAs in which you can own many mutual funds as well as stocks. A self directed IRA at a discount broker invested in Foolish Four or one of the other Foolish stock strategies is a reasonable approach. Usually mutual funds are a bit less costly. Brokerage accounts are more cost effective when you balance is somewhat larger--say $10K or more.

Read the Foolish information starting with Fool School from the home page and decide what is best for you. You can almost certainly do better than 4% in a credit union Roth.

Best of luck to you. If you have more questions, feel free to ask.
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.