UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: 2828 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 756937  
Subject: Most Liberal First Paragraph Evah Date: 12/31/2012 10:28 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 24
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/31/opinion/lets-give-up-on-th...

AS the nation teeters at the edge of fiscal chaos, observers are reaching the conclusion that the American system of government is broken. But almost no one blames the culprit: our insistence on obedience to the Constitution, with all its archaic, idiosyncratic and downright evil provisions.
--------------------------------------------------
I had to stop reading after that, but it did make me chuckle (c). Friggin' white slaveowners!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: MadCapitalist Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 662972 of 756937
Subject: Re: Most Liberal First Paragraph Evah Date: 12/31/2012 11:30 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 5
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/31/opinion/lets-give-up-on-th......

AS the nation teeters at the edge of fiscal chaos, observers are reaching the conclusion that the American system of government is broken. But almost no one blames the culprit: our insistence on obedience to the Constitution, with all its archaic, idiosyncratic and downright evil provisions.

--------------------------------------------------
I had to stop reading after that, but it did make me chuckle (c). Friggin' white slaveowners!

The rule of law is an antiquated notion anyway. I think that we can all agree that we need something far more flexible and dynamic so that it can adjust to the whims, I mean, needs of the current split second.

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 662973 of 756937
Subject: Re: Most Liberal First Paragraph Evah Date: 12/31/2012 11:57 AM
Recommendations: 1
The rule of law is an antiquated notion anyway. I think that we can all agree that we need something far more flexible and dynamic so that it can adjust to the whims, I mean, needs of the current split second.

The rule of law is just fine as far as liberals are concerned.

It's the rules FOR law they seem to have a major problem with.
They really do believe in mob rule, it is really quite scary, they really just want it now and have no concern for consequence.

My daughter at the age of 3 was significantly saner about the entire concept of responsibility and consequence.

Again, very very scary.

Author: CCinOC Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 662985 of 756937
Subject: Re: Most Liberal First Paragraph Evah Date: 12/31/2012 12:20 PM
Recommendations: 0
Notice how comments are disabled for such tripe.

Author: telegraph Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 662999 of 756937
Subject: Re: Most Liberal First Paragraph Evah Date: 12/31/2012 1:22 PM
Recommendations: 2
absolutely

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/31/opinion/lets-give-up-on-th...

Let's just let the President decide on a 'prudent' course of action, and have Congress rubber stamp it.

We, too, can be like Cuba, North Korea and Venezuela....and the old Soviet Union....

Let's react with knee jerk reactions. Don't like the shootings in CT? Make it a crime to own any gun that can kill children!..there, that will solve the problem. Then go confiscate them all. Even better. And while the jackboots are doing that, they can check every home for illegal drug and paraphernalia. ANyone with Mother Jones news - off to the slammer for subversive literature. Membership in the NRA? Guilty. Hunting magazines...guilty!.....no trial needed.

We need to 'solve' this problem so let's trash the constitution, go after the 'drug dealers and users'......fine them tens of thousands. One pot butt....$10,000. An ounce of weed? 10 years in jail and million dollar fine!...there, that will solve the problem. Midnight raids, and 24/7 jackboot squads hitting the 'crime' homes around the country.

Who needs rights? We elected Obama. He'll simply take the 'wealth' and redistribute it. He'll do it via Executive Order.

If the average American only has $8000 in savings, and you have more..well, yours will be redistributed. why not?

we go on 'fairness'. Whatever the welfare weenies want, and they are 50%, they get. Right?

t.

Author: 2828 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 663000 of 756937
Subject: Re: Most Liberal First Paragraph Evah Date: 12/31/2012 1:28 PM
Recommendations: 2
absolutely!

Author: CelloSpice Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 663010 of 756937
Subject: Re: Most Liberal First Paragraph Evah Date: 12/31/2012 2:00 PM
Recommendations: 1
You didn't get this one past me. I gave you a rec.

Author: Colovion Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 663157 of 756937
Subject: Re: Most Liberal First Paragraph Evah Date: 1/1/2013 3:45 AM
Recommendations: 0
I didn't read the article (no need to) but I bet I know which amendment they believe to be an anachronism and/or evil...

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement