Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: DeltaOne81 Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1961  
Subject: Mother (& father) of the bride issues Date: 1/26/2010 9:09 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Now this has exploded a bit. My fiance's mother has been a bit negative for a while now, trying to push on dress colors, flower colors, wedding look, etc. She's kind've just taken her suggestions, accepted some and brushed others off to this point.

But now, over the photographer, this has just gotten to another level. They claim they don't like the photographer, they don't want video of the ceremony (they would be "stiff as a board" if they knew they were being photographed & video'ed). We really like the photojournalistic style where they stay in the background and take pictures of everything that goes on, documentary-like, including the pre-ceremony dressing time. But her mother has said she'd be so uncomfortable and refuse to be in the room with the photographer in advance. It is *not* about money, that I'm sure... besides, we'd be happy to pay for it.

What should we do?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: DeltaOne81 Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1959 of 1961
Subject: Re: Mother (& father) of the bride issues Date: 1/27/2010 2:18 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
I may be 2 for 2 on resolving issues before I get a response. Heh. We emailed them last night seeking a compromise that everyone can get some of what they want while accepting something they don't. We got a pretty positive response saying they'll try to put their preconceived notions aside and that we (us, not them) shouldn't have to compromise. Although we'll still offer to. We'll see how it goes next time we have a disagreement, but, things are moving in the right direction.

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement