UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: mitzeree Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 88919  
Subject: Motley Fool One Date: 5/16/2012 9:20 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 5
I'm a new subscriber to The Motley Fool. I was won over by the enterprise because of the Motley brothers sincere interest in helping investors and at the same time making an honest profit from sharing their knowledge and information. But I question the new venture, Motly Fool One. The underlying message from the advertising is that if investors put a great deal of money into that membership then they'll get more of Motley. But why put all that money into Motley Fool One when we can use our heads, do the research, explore and more? And of course study The Motley Fool?

It just seems like this new enterprise is one more way to take money from people, likely middle to upper income, who are trusting of the Gardners and indeed are already investing a healthy share of their sums in the stock market. It's like putting all your chips on one bet. In fact, it sounds like Tom is doing that very thing and expecting us to do the same.

My gut feeling is that there is more risk--and not calculated at that--than any win from joining.

Like I say, I'm really won over by The Motley Fool. I just hope the brothers don't cut down on the information and withold information only to provide it to those who spend the approx. $6,000 to participate in Motley Fool One.
Sincerely,
A Believer in The Motley Fool way of investing--
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Community Town Hall
Banter, potshots, and all the stuff we said you can't post on ITF. Why not try it?
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Medallion Financial: TAXI!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement